No announcement yet.

SIN SQTalk DO with KeithMEL - 17 July !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN SQTalk DO with KeithMEL - 17 July !

Hi all SQTalkers, the one and only KeithMEL will be the guest star at the next SIN SQTalk DO on 17th July at about 7pm.

It'll be a buffet dinner at Plaza Market Cafe - Raffles the Plaza hotel level 2.
    Then drinks at New Asia bar at Swissotel the Stamford hotel, level 70 (go via special elevator at lobby). Both hotels are at Raffles City. Reservations tel : 6431 6156.

Just reply in this thread if you can come. Hope to see those I've met before and some new faces too.

Confirmed List
    KeithMEL
    SQFlyerGirl - coming straight from airport !
    9V-JKL
    StarG
    SuperJonJon
    upright man
    milehighj - may be late
    f4freeJunior
    zvezda
    Mr I - he may bring some SQTalk luggage tags !
    Mr A. - friend of KeithMEL.
    Ms A.
    Total = 12.

"Probable" List
    Jubilee777 - may be late.
    my friend M. - he was at the Post bar DO.

Look forward to more SQTalkers joining us - the more the merrier !
    Last edited by upright man; 16 July 2007, 11:50 AM.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Guest star....

Hope to catch up with as many SIN-based SQTalkers as possible.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looking at my calendar.....seems like I am only available after 10pm... will confirm later, as the next day is also a working day.

Put me in as tentative. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah I tried to PM and email you, Jubilee777, but couldn't get through, and I lost your name card ! Sorry.

Will put you on tentative list - hope you show up - I'm working the next day too you know.
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
          Looking at my calendar.....seems like I am only available after 10pm... will confirm later, as the next day is also a working day.

Put me in as tentative. Thanks.
          I might also be late too. Maybe if you're where I think you're gonna be, you can swing by and pick me up at the usual place and we can go together?

Comment

Count me IN!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              I might also be late too. Maybe if you're where I think you're gonna be, you can swing by and pick me up at the usual place and we can go together?
              Sheraton ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                Sheraton ?
                nah.... you know, that place up the escalator.....

Comment

SQFG and J777 - hope you can come, even if just for a drink.

I noticed there are 3 SQTalk DO's in July/Aug - SIN, KL and London - that's a very healthy sign for our community !
                  (better than TOF ?)
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Its just a sad thing that I cannot come and I cannot join you guys at the bar at all. I have school and I will be real real exhausted after that. Have a good time at the meetup.

Comment

upright man, what's good at the dinner buffet? 'Slurp!'

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        upright man, what's good at the dinner buffet? 'Slurp!'
                        Peranakan (Nonya) food especially the ayam buah leluak and the durian pudding. Reasonable price for the ambiance and the food served. They have live stations serve kueh pie-tees and laksa.

Haven't been there for quite sometime after feeling the food there has slipped in quality. I prefer the buffet at Swissotel Merchant Court.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
                          Peranakan (Nonya) food especially the ayam buah leluak and the durian pudding. Reasonable price for the ambiance and the food served. They have live stations serve kueh pie-tees and laksa.

Haven't been there for quite sometime after feeling the food there has slipped in quality. I prefer the buffet at Swissotel Merchant Court.
                          Sounds yummy.

9V-JKL - is this the place we had a do once?

Comment

Plaza Market Cafe Buffet - I haven't been there for years, but I remember its quite ok food - me and KeithMEL chose it cos its near to New Asia Bar, and we like buffets.
                            Anyway my insurance agent sent me a birthday voucher for a 25% discount off the whole bill so it'll be at most S$35/person.

Got a couple more people confirmed, so I think the turnout will be good again this time !
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                              me and KeithMEL chose it cos its near to New Asia Bar, and we like buffets.
                              You really want me to believe the buffet is even part of the reason KeithMEL chose the venue? I think the real reason is still contained in your sentence.

Looks like this will be a fun Do. Sorry I won't be in SIN till the week after.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X