Krisworld Poor Screen Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisworld Poor Screen Quality

It seems screen quality of Krisworld on certain aircraft is rapidly deteriorating.
    On a recent A380 business class flight to Narita, a route I fly regularly, I noticed screen quality was almost too poor to watch a 2 hour movie on. Colours are fading away, contrast is gone, and picture more closely resembles an old fading black and white movie image than a bright colour screen.
    On my return flight to SIN 2 days later (I realize this could have been the same A380 aircraft, as it was a SIN-NRT-LAX route) I had the same poor screen quality experience. No matter what brightness adjustments I tried out, it remained almost impossible to watch. Disappointed, I gave up watching after half an hour, thankfully pulling out my iPhone to keep myself occupied.
    This is not the kind of experience I expect from a long haul business class product, these screens seem to be overdue for an overhaul or replacement.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehhemme...in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehhemme...in/photostream
    Last edited by travelbizpro; 12 November 2012, 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by travelbizpro View Post
    It seems screen quality of Krisworld on certain aircraft is rapidly deteriorating.
    On a recent A380 business class flight to Narita, a route I fly regularly, I noticed screen quality was almost too poor to watch a 2 hour movie on. Colours are fading away, contrast is gone, and picture more closely resembles an old fading black and white movie image than a bright colour screen.
    On my return flight to SIN 2 days later (I realize this could have been the same A380 aircraft, as it was a SIN-NRT-LAX route) I had the same poor screen quality experience. No matter what brightness adjustments I tried out, it remained almost impossible to watch. Disappointed, I gave up watching after half an hour, thankfully pulling out my iPhone to keep myself occupied.
    This is not the kind of experience I expect from a long haul business class product, these screens seem to be overdue for an overhaul or replacement.

Did you complain to the FAs? I've not had a similar experience on a 380 before. However on the old 747s and 772s, the screen resolution was pretty bad in Y especially. SQ has yet to move to high-def yet, but I think they should be out by next year.

Comment

I have frequently encountered finger-print marks and nail scratches from passengers who must have thought they were touch-screens...

Is this only on the 380?

Comment

It's the business class screen he was talking about.

The business class screen is covered by a plastic sheet integral with the seat so even if the passenger want to do touchscreen control, they cannot.

Furthermore, the pitch of the business class seat may make it almost impossible to do touchscreen comfortably.

(Audio)

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
          I have frequently encountered finger-print marks and nail scratches from passengers who must have thought they were touch-screens...

Is this only on the 380?
          I think the actual screens are but its disabled on SQ.

Comment

Working...
          X