Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrax: Hainan Airlines is officially a 5* airlines

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/IT.htm

Has anyone tried Hainan before? Many predicted TG though...but obviously Hainan is the clear winner with their younger fleets

And there goes finally the last shred of credibility (as if it had any)...........that Skytrax had. How do you actually subtract from zero?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      And there goes finally the last shred of credibility (as if it had any)...........that Skytrax had. How do you actually subtract from zero?
      Haha, which aspects is Skytrax not being credible? Well, I personally had tried to put 1-2 negative reviews on some of the 5* airlines but it has never been published though...=p

Comment

I'm with SQFG, the Skytrax ratings mean nothing to me just look at the 4 star airline list you have good full service carriers & Low cost carriers with the same rating.

Air New Zealand
        Japan Airlines
        Air Berlin (LCC)
        JetBlue Airways (LCC)
        Air France
        Korean Air
        ANA All Nippon Airways
        Lufthansa
        Austrian
        Pacific Blue (LCC)
        Bangkok Airways
        Porter Airlines
        British Airways
        Qantas Airways
        China Airlines
        Silk Air
        Dragonair
        South African Airways
        Emirates
        Swiss Int'l Air Lines
        Etihad Airways
        Thai Airways
        EVA Air
        Turkish Airlines
        Finnair
        Virgin Atlantic
        Garuda Indonesia
        Virgin Blue (LCC)
        Hong Kong Airlines

Comment

The children never learn...

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...1&postcount=37
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            Gosh

Comment

Goodness, and I thought Skytrax was bad enough..

Comment

Mind you, I'm half Hainanese and bloody proud of it (Hai Nam Nang unite!)

........... but this really is trying to pull wool over everyone elses eyes

What next? Air Koryo also becomes 5 star? Air Zimbabwe?

Comment

What next? Air Koryo also becomes 5 star?
                  At the rate Skytrax is going, I wont be surprised if it becomes 6*

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    I did have a chuckle after reading your post and looking at the Skytrax site..

Originally posted by SKYTRAX
                    6 Star Airlines™ The 6-Star airline category is not being utilised by SKYTRAX, but has been registered as an official trademark by the organisation to prevent any potential misuse of the World Airline Star Ranking™ by third parties.

Commenting on the potential usage of the 6 Star Airlines™ tag, Skytrax CEO, Edward Plaisted said "we have set the highest Star Ranking bar at a 5-Star status for many years now, and at this time we have no intention to extend this group to introduce 6-Star airlines. The primary purpose behind registering the 6-Star airline status (as well as 7-Star Airlines™) is to ensure that we can prevent any fraudulent use of these titles affiliated with airline Star Ranking. The quality requirements to achieve 5-Star Airline ranking status are constantly reviewed, and we believe that the high standards we have set will ensure that this top-rating group of airlines will retain it's ultimate exclusivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post

As long as dear leader says it's 6 star, it's 6 star.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                        http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/IT.htm

Has anyone tried Hainan before?
                        I took HU in Y on PEK-KMG-PEK in 2005. Certainly back then they had a reputation for being a cheap carrier rather than anything else! IIRC, the cabin crew on one of the flights had an inflight auction for something (my Mandarin wasn't good enough to work out what it was) with all the pax shouting and bidding!

Comment

As long as dear leader says it's 6 star, it's 6 star.
                          May be our dear leader is not in a position to do so, because he is still "dear" lol. He's got a long way to go to be called "paramount leader"

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                            I took HU in Y on PEK-KMG-PEK in 2005. Certainly back then they had a reputation for being a cheap carrier rather than anything else! IIRC, the cabin crew on one of the flights had an inflight auction for something (my Mandarin wasn't good enough to work out what it was) with all the pax shouting and bidding!

Comment

How do you actually subtract from zero?
                              Arithmetically speaking, it's possible...

Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Working...
                              X