No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Suites Now Open for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I did not realise that the SQ suites were really open for redemption. I was kaypoh enough to try searching for it on the SQ website - no information found.

I thought this thread was started on SQT by Singapore Air as a joke.

Comment

If one is too lazy to navigate away, here's a screenshot

Comment

Excellent, as the 'rules' in Singapore state that any letter of complaint in the ST has to be officially responded to within 48 hours by someone in an official capacity from the organisation getting it in the neck.

So, if someone would kindly let us know what spin they put on this when they reply it would be greatly appreciated. I love all the bullsh*t that has accompanied Suites since they were introduced. It's great fun.

To be honest we could probably write the repsonse ourselves:

Dear Mugs,

In response to customer feedback etc.....blah blah....they word 'enhance' could well be thrown in somewhere.

X Y Z (Ms)
        Head (or Asst) of Bullsh*t Dept
        Airline House
        Singapore

Comment

Dear Mugs,

We have now made accessible what once was off-limits in response to the customer feedback received by members in our program. As such, our Krisflyer frequent flyer program has now been enhanced even more. We invite our customers to enjoy our award-winning KrisWorld in-flight entertainment in all classes of travel. Our new routes will include flying to Haneda in the near future and many specials are available on our website at www.singaporeair.com . Try our Suites, a class beyond First.

Thank you for your inquiry,

The New Stephen Forshaw

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Excellent, as the 'rules' in Singapore state that any letter of complaint in the ST has to be officially responded to within 48 hours by someone in an official capacity from the organisation getting it in the neck.

So, if someone would kindly let us know what spin they put on this when they reply it would be greatly appreciated. I love all the bullsh*t that has accompanied Suites since they were introduced. It's great fun.

To be honest we could probably write the repsonse ourselves:

Dear Mugs,

In response to customer feedback etc.....blah blah....they word 'enhance' could well be thrown in somewhere.

X Y Z (Ms)
            Head (or Asst) of Bullsh*t Dept
            Airline House
            Singapore
            CLASSIC, MAN Flyer! And spot on!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Dear Hapless Punter,

Due to popular demand, we've now decided to release redemption seats of our Suites to the unwashed masses. Needless to say, the writer of the article is indeed correct that you will need to spend the equivalent of the GDP of a third world country so that he or she can enjoy our finest service for all of 12 hours.

We do so reluctantly, as our Suites are booked solid every day of the week on every flight and has been so since its' inception around the time of the battle of hastings.

It's our way of thanking you, and also our way of saying here it is, but really, you can't afford it - but don't say we didn't try!

Comment

What makes these multi-million mile redemption figures even more laughable is at the moment (until the end of this month actually) they have an offer on ex-CGK that if you buy an F ticket (to anywhere so even CGK-SIN counts) you can then buy a return F ticket to Europe, and then 'upgrade' to Suites for the grand total of......drum roll.... US$ 360 return.

So they officially believe they are worth US$ 180 dollars each trip more than 'normal' F, yet they want 1 million miles to redem for same seat on the same flight.

Suites, now a class 'beyond' belief......

Comment

I had a few hours to kill in Changi so I wrote to SQ for fun, hinting to them that the 1mil+ miles is virtually impossible if you ask me.

The reply I got made me think SQ's mentality right now is "You wanted it open for redemption, and that's exactly what we did. What more do you want?"

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    someone wrote to the papers about this issue, read forum in ST....
                    That "someone" who wrote in appears to be the son of the lady that launched KrisFlyer back in the 90s.

Comment

LOL if true...

Comment

I called the KF call centre in Singapore (not the other one) to take advantage of this special.
                        It's just too good to resist.
                        So my first question was "How many miles do I need for Suites SIN-SYD?"
                        The operator answers: "For redemption in Suites we will take your details and call you back. When do you want to travel?"
                        I now wonder whether the number of miles required is dynamic, and the figures we have seen may be (shudder) the lower or higher end of the spectrum.
                        Will report back when KF answers my query.
                        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                          I called the KF call centre in Singapore (not the other one) to take advantage of this special.
                          It's just too good to resist.
                          So my first question was "How many miles do I need for Suites SIN-SYD?"
                          The operator answers: "For redemption in Suites we will take your details and call you back. When do you want to travel?"
                          I now wonder whether the number of miles required is dynamic, and the figures we have seen may be (shudder) the lower or higher end of the spectrum.
                          I think they want to check out your account to see how many miles you have to think if you're worth calling back

Comment

The operator answers: "For redemption in Suites we will take your details and call you back
                            Sounds like she went to call the KF Secret Service
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Thye probably cannot believe there is anyone out there daft enough to do it, so they are probably checking up on you...........

Comment

It's very much possible in this day and age to have possibly a million miles through credit card spend alone, especially if the whole family does the supplementary card thingo. Perhaps they'd check if you'd made any past redemptions from your card to your KF account to see if you check out? Anyway, they still don't want to encourage redemptions and are only doing it if you have a stash of miles that they'd rather you deplete...

Comment

Working...
                                X