Topping up miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping up miles

Hi everyone, great to see there's a forum especially about my favourite airline out there!

I was hoping to top up my miles in order to be able to request a return flight from Frankfurt to Melbourne. I understand one can't top up miles without submitting a reservation request (because one needs to already have 70% of the miles for the chosen journey), but I was also relying on getting the 15% discount on points needed by redeeming miles online.

The problem is that to request top-up miles, one has to send off a fax. Combined with the fact that a redemption request is needed, this would mean that I would miss out on the 15% discount, and have to purchase many more miles than I had planned for.

Is there any way to top up miles online and get the 15% discount for redemption?

I'm only an amateur (but very keen) traveller and I don't travel for my work, but if there is any way I could top-up my miles and still book online, I would be very grateful to hear it! Of course I could keep gathering my miles, but a big chunk is going to expire soon and I was hoping not to waste them!

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
    Cousin Eddie

Originally posted by Cousin Eddie View Post

Is there any way to top up miles online and get the 15% discount for redemption?
    Firstly welcome to SQtalk.

Secondly. The answer is YES. Bizarrely and very coincidentally, this is very fresh in my mind, as I only performed this transaction yesterday.

The trick - is to fill out the purchase miles form you can download from the net

1) Fill out the relevant details - including your INTENDED itinerary. What you fill out in that area is for them to verify how many miles you need to purchase and whether you already have the 70% required, nothing more. They won't be booking the itinerary for you if you ask them not to in point 5) below.

2)You have to work out of course, how many miles you need, and fill out that area. IIRC that is section 4.

3) You leave section 5 (ticket delivery) blank, as at that stage, no ticket is being issued. The form is quite ambiguous in this regard.

4) Fill out your credit card details

5) Call Krisflyer - then tell them your problem. They're aware of this scenario. Fax the form across to them and within 3 working days the miles should be in your account.) I don't think there's any mechanism to check or not, but you are obligated to then make the online booking very soon after. Those miles are not supposed to be "stored".

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 29 December 2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Re: Answer to Topping up Miles

Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear this might work out after all

I'll give them a call before I fax off my form, I appreciate your help, wishing you some relaxing flights in the New Year!

Cousin Eddie

Comment

thanks again, all worked successfully!

Just to let anyone else know who is considering the same thing, I gave KrisFlyer a call with my intention to redeem miles online, the lady on the phone (Singapore office) knew about this procedure already and confirmed it was possible. I faxed my application off, got an e-mail confirming my points credited, and redeemed my miles online - simple as that! Thanks once again

Comment

Glad it worked out

Comment

Excellent...didn't know you could top up miles for use in an online redemption. Thanks, SQFG

Comment

to SQflyergirl

Sent the fax this morning at 0900, call KF at 0905 to 'explain' and by 1300, miles were in the account!

Comment

Wow, i'm not useless after all, unlike what my mum says!

Comment

Working...
                X