SQ IFS makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ IFS makeup

I know that the majority of SQ IFS are male. What proportion are non-Singaporean/Malaysian ? Having only flown SQ F a couple of times and not being an important pax in SQ J/Y, I can only remember speaking to two IFS and both were Singaporean (one Indian; the other Eurasian).

My very limited SQ experience seems somewhat different from my limited experience with CX this year (seven flights so far) where the ISM in each case was female and the ISMs and senior pursers have included people from Thailand, Japan and the Philippines.

Assuming that both SQ IFS and CX ISM rise through the ranks, any idea why there's an apparent difference ?

I thought the post was about the choice of cosmetics, which made your first sentence quite unexpected.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Agreed, I was just thinking that I have never spent much time contemplating whether the IFS were wearing foundation or eyeliner.

Admittedly, some of you may have been more observant!

Comment

I read somewhere that SQ female FAs wear the SQ brand scent (the same as that found in the hot towels) and also have SQ approved makeup provided with the colour depending on their skin tone. So it wouldn't surprise me too much if there's soemthing similar for the male FAs including the IFS!

Comment

http://www.wnyc.org/books/44391

With a brand platform emphasizing smoothness and relaxation, their strategy was to move away from portraying themselves simply as an airline and instead to present themselves as an entertainment company. In the process, a new set of brand tools were invented and introduced. The staff uniforms were made from the finest silk in a fabric design based on the patterns in the cabin décor. The staff was styled right down to their makeup. Flight attendants were offered only two choices of color combination based on a palette designed to blend with Singapore Airlines’ brand color scheme.

[...]

The sensory branding of the Singapore Girl reached its zenith by the end of the 1990s, when Singapore Airlines introduced Stefan Floridian Waters. Not your average household name, to be sure, Stefan Floridian Waters is an aroma that has been specifically designed as part of the Singapore Airlines experience. Stefan Floridian Waters formed the scent in the flight attendants’ perfume, was blended into the hot towels served before takeoff, and generally permeated the entire fleet of Singapore Airlines planes.

Comment

correct me if i m wrong, but think CX cabin crews are all females

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post

no theres male cabin crew.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/112...54316788TjAPZM

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                SilkAir is 100% female FAs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  SilkAir is 100% female FAs.

so is EVA AIR

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    With a brand platform emphasizing smoothness and relaxation, their strategy was to move away from portraying themselves simply as an airline and instead to present themselves as an entertainment company. In the process, a new set of brand tools were invented and introduced. The staff uniforms were made from the finest silk in a fabric design based on the patterns in the cabin décor. The staff was styled right down to their makeup. Flight attendants were offered only two choices of color combination based on a palette designed to blend with Singapore Airlines’ brand color scheme.

[...]

The sensory branding of the Singapore Girl reached its zenith by the end of the 1990s, when Singapore Airlines introduced Stefan Floridian Waters. Not your average household name, to be sure, Stefan Floridian Waters is an aroma that has been specifically designed as part of the Singapore Airlines experience. Stefan Floridian Waters formed the scent in the flight attendants’ perfume, was blended into the hot towels served before takeoff, and generally permeated the entire fleet of Singapore Airlines planes.
                    jhm, very informative as I also thought the subject would be actual cosmetics.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      I thought the post was about the choice of cosmetics, which made your first sentence quite unexpected.
                      Which, also, then rendered the response i drafted in my head, moot.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                        so is EVA AIR
                        So is JAL and ANA.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          So is JAL and ANA.
                          One of the cabin crew on one of my JL flights looked distinctly male...

Comment

JAL do have usually a male cabinmanager equivalent to a IFS on its international flights n believed most domestic ones too.

Comment

Working...
                            X