X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return LAX-SFO-JFK-ICN-HKG-SIN-CMB-SIN-BKK F

Sorry for the delay guys.

Here is my return trip report.

Two days after arriving in Los Angeles roughly only about 50 hours. It was time for me to head back to Osaka the long way. Routing was going to be LAX-SFO-JFK-ICN-HKG-SIN-CMB-SIN-BKK-SIN-KIX. I left on Jan 11th

The day I arrived in Los Angeles I called Supershuttle for a pick up at my apartment. They said that regular pick up time would be 2.20am for a 6am departure. I told them 3am would be fine. They said that no gurantees that I would get to the airport in time. I was fine. 3 hours to get to LAX from my apt is more than enough time at that hour even with extra pick up stops.

I went to bed at 8.50pm and set my alarm at 2.30am. Must I say that I was up from 1am typed the other report which I finished around 2pmish in the afternoon and then went out with my friend. Got dinner and came back home around 8pm. I was tired. Being up for over 19 hours with less than 4 hours of sleep the night before is not good.

I actually woke up 2 minutes before my alarm clock went off. I quickly took a shower and then finished packing my bags. My bag pictured and I was ready for a long journey back home.

After packing up my bags, I grabbed all the trash I accumulated in two days and went outside in the chilly weather to take out the trash. When I went out there it was about 2.45am and the SuperShuttle driver was already there. I told him he should have knocked on my door and told me he was here. I told him I’ll be down in about 3 minutes. I went up quickly turned off the computer closed all windows and brushed my teeth. I made sure everything was okay and locked the door and left.

The Supershuttle Driver was Korean he was not really talkative. He talked, but really didn’t say much. I tried to get a conversation going, but it kept failing until I gave up. We had to go from Irvine where I live to Disneyland first to go pick up one more passenger to go to the airport. Picture of a photo of the Supershuttle I took to LAX. It’s waiting at Hilton Disneyland.

We arrived at LAX at 4.10am in the morning. The checkin counters don’t open till 4.30am. Once I arrived there and was dropped at the premium checkin counters, I saw one of my old seatmates. We flew the same flight in PS C back in September. We both recognized each other and started chatting away. He even remembered me that when I first met him I was still had only 10k EQM under my belt. I told him I did enough MR’s to get to 1k status.
    Once the checkin counters opened the lady checked him in first and then I got checked in at the GS desk woohoo. The lady was even able to check me in all the way to HKG. I was surprised as I was expecting to checkin at the OZ counter in JFK. So I got my boarding pass and the beloved SSSS came out.

Actually I was happy that SSSS came out because that would require extra time for me to go through security. After waiting for about 15 minutes to get through security I was up at the airside around 5am.

My fellow seatmate was waiting for me. We went to the IFL which was still closed and we talked for a bit and he said his goodbyes as he was heading to Dublin via ORD. I was getting hungry so I went to McDonalds to get some food. I got a Sausage McMuffin and a HashBrown. I was going to get Starbucks, but they didn’t get much of their food yet. This was the only time I ate junkfood throughout my whole trip.

I figured out that the IFL won’t open till 5.30am and my departure was at 6am so I was going to grab a few photo’s of the lounge and post it online to show you how the lounge is. I used the lounge once before so it was nothing new for me.

This is the outside picture of the IFL LAX

Some interior photo’s of the IFL

This is the bathroom of course as everyone knows the UA lounge bathrooms are not that nice. At least this one didn’t stink like the RCC.

After leaving the IFL which opened at 5.30 and I had to walk over to gate 66. Which was a good 10 minute walk. When I walked down the stairs from the IFL I made sure to take a picture of who was granted access to the IFL

I walked past the RCC and grabbed a photo of this also.

I walked quickly and arrived at the gate around 5.45am and I quickly snapped another picture of the gate.

I was the second last passenger to board the aircraft. First class had a load of 6/8 and the economy cabin was virtually empty. Only 46 so or passengers.

UA1152 LAX-SFO
    Jan 11th 2007
    N932UA 737-500
    Departure 25R Arrival 28R
    Departure Gate 66 Arrival Gate 70

The flight was very uneventful. I just took a picture of the one cup of water I had in the flight.

The flight took off and the flight time was a short 57 minutes. While in the air I went to the bathroom and then right after I walked to the back of the cabin to talk with the cabin attendants. They were really nice and we had a good chat about the politics regarding UA. The cabin crew were continuing on to PHL. They had a long day also me. I told them I was going to HKG via JFK they thought I was crazy. Oh well who cares. Arrival into SFO was 20 minutes early. We got to the gate and deplaned at 7.05am.

I walked over to the RCC and took two picture before I went into the lounge.

I also took a picture of what was being served. The food counter followed by the bar.

Comment

I sat there for about 20 minutes before heading over to the gate. While I was in the RCC I went to the stinky bathroom and also took photo’s of my flight.

Some random photo of the SFO airport food court.

Departure of my SFO-JFK flight was from gate 81.

I walked over to Gate 81. I was putting my miles into my NH program so I went to the GA and asked her if she could tell the FA that I had 1k status. She had no problems doing that. She checked that I was a 1K member, but my miles were still going to be deposited into my NH account. I wanted first meal choice. UA is one of the few airlines that uses status to take meal orders.

SFO is the only airport that UA uses premium line boarding. I made sure to grab photo’s of this and a picture of the gate.

UA956 SFO-JFK
      Jan 11th 2007
      N560UA 757-200
      Departure 1R Arrival 22L
      Departure Gate 81 Arrival Gate 7

As soon as I got on board, there was already 9 passengers in the F cabin. There was an announcement right away that the flight was going to be full in every class. Before someone sat in the 2 last F seats I grabbed a photo of it.

The flight was going to be 4:36 flying time. Take off was from runway 1R and before we took off there was a continental flight in front of us waiting to take off.

I was listening to channel 9 so I knew exactly when the flight was going to rocket off. After take off the flight attendants came around with drink orders and asked if we wanted DVD players. I asked for OJ

Comment

After drinks then the lady came around with meal orders. I was asked for my meal choice. The guy next to me got asked first and second choice. He is a 1P status. There was 2 GS and me the only 1K and 3 1P’s and the rest were 2P or no status.

This is what I had. Sorry I don’t have any menu’s I forgot them all at my friends house in SIN sorry.

After finishing my breakfast which was of course just okay. I was getting tired. I looked out the window and we were flying somewhere over the rockies? I’m not sure about it but there was lots of snow.

Then right after I went straight to sleep. I don’t like the angled slope. Oh well it was nice to get 3 hours of sleep. Right when I woke up they were in the final stages of desent. I woke up and put my seat upright. Then looked out the window to see LGA airport.

Then we made a long queue to get into JFK we went pretty far to U-turn to get back into sequence. After arrival into JFK we arrived 20 minutes early again. I went back to the RCC. I got there and there was the same lady who worked at the RCC she remembered me. She checked my boarding pass and allowed me to enter the IFL. I went took three pictures of what was being served and grabbed 2 bottles of evian water bottles.

Then I headed straight out to the AirTrain. I had from 4pm-midnight layover.

Comment

I used the Airtrain to get to Jamaica station. Then I got onto the E train. And once again I headed to my friends apt to leave my bags there. Once I arrived at my friends apt the security guy remembered me. He said that I come to NY way too often. I guess I do? I figured that I went to NY 7 times in less than 14 months. So that’s an average of 1 time every 2 months I guess that’s a lot for someone who is not even going there on a business and only for fun. Right after that I was hungry so I went out. I grabbed this photo from my friends apt.

From my friends apartment I went to times square to take a couple of photos.

After I took couple of photos I took the Shuttle between Times Square and Union Square. Then right after that I went to Astor Place. I wanted some Japanese food. So here is pictures right after I got out of Astor Place station.

I went to a Japanese Restaurant called Sobaya. Here is what I had for dinner.

Comment

Right after dinner, I was lazy to use the subway so I used a taxi to go to ground zero. So when I arrived at ground zero my ritual, I went to century 21 and looked around at what has changed in about 5 days. I actually bought 2 shirts and a pair of socks. It was good to kill sometime I had in between flights since I had nothing else better to do. I also wanted to take photo’s of ground zero since I went there 7 times already and never brought my digicam.

Inside the century 21 shopping center looks like this.

If you know Ross or Marshalls it’s very much similar, but it has a lot more branded stuff for cheap. I also found a Samsonite rollerbag which was originally $270 on sale for $75 I considered buying it, but why do I need 2 rollerbags? Right after that I exited to go to groundzero. Here are some photo’s of ground zero.

After taking photo’s I headed straight to the train station underneath groundzero.

I went back to my friends apt and was going to head to the airport early to do some lounge hopping.

Comment

I got back to times square station again. I went to Model’s to buy the shoe I wanted a couple of days ago. And also while I did that I took a photo of 42nd street.

I got to my friends apartment and talked to the apartment security guy for about 10-15 minutes to kill some time. After that it was about 8pm. Then I went up to my friends apartment to grab my stuff and was ready to leave. My friend’s roommate came back and was surprised to see me. I said I was heading out. Right before I headed out my friend called me. She had just finished work and had some time to have dinner with me. I went down with my luggage and grabbed a taxi to meet my friend. We had a good 1.5 hour chat. It was 10pm and I had to head to the airport. I was pushing it close.

I took the E train to Jamaica station again.

Took the Airtrain to the airport. I got to JFK airport at 11.20pm yikes 1 hour and 10 minutes before departure. I was pushing it close. I went directly to the checkin counters. They were already in the process of cleaning up the checkin area.

Comment

I got to the checkin area and I wanted my boarding pass in Asiana stock so I got there handed over my united stock boarding pass along with my passport. She checked me in quickly and she told me I was allowed to use the Swiss lounge. I was looking at the clock 11.25pm ok enough time for a quick shower and then time to head to security. I make the 1 minute walk over to the Swiss lounge.

As soon as I go into the lounge the lady looked at my boarding pass and said you’re welcome to use the first class lounge.

Then I asked her about a shower. She went to grab a towel for me and I quickly went to the shower room to grab a shower before my long flight to ICN.

After I showered which was about 10 minutes or so. There was already an announcement that we should head to the gate for boarding. When I came out of the shower the lady forgot about me and had already turned off the light. As soon as she saw me she quickly ran to turn on the lights again. This gave me some time to take a picture of the lounge.

I tried to use the computer to check e-mail’s an stuff, but it was to no use. It was not working for some reason. Then right after that it was 11.45pm I headed out and went to buy some books my brother wanted. After I got the books I took a picture of security and I got screamed for it, but here it is.

Comment

Here are some photo’s of terminal 4 departures in JFK.

Then I got to my gate early and they were still not boarding. I went to the next gate to get a good shot of the aircraft.

The flight was leaving from gate 24.

OZ221 JFK-ICN
                  Jan 12th 2007
                  HL7428 747-400 Passenger
                  Departure Gate 24 Arrival Gate 7
                  Departure runway the longest one in JFK and arrival is the usual one on the right.

As soon as they started boarding I waited a while because I didn’t want to get on so quickly and was waiting for my cellphone to charge. Once I got to the boarding area I showed my F boarding pass and passport and she immediately stopped C boarding and let me on. I like this service with OZ. Once I got onboard I was shown to my seat 1K and the FA’s asked me if I wanted to move to row 2 which had more room. Today’s flight load was only going to be 4 people. Business was 80% and economy was about 80% as well. Once I got seated I was presented with a pajama, landing card, and slippers.

I went to the bathroom and got changed into my PJ’s. Then I took a photo of the seat next to me.

I also took a photo of what books they have.

Comment

While waiting for boarding to finish I took a photo of the flight path we were going to take.

The flight time tonight was going to be 14:10. This is the longest flight in my life. Before this the longest flight I have ever taken was 12:30. Once the flight took off I was already getting sleepy, but I needed to get some food in my body before the long flight to ICN. This was going to be a completely night flight. This is the layout of the dinner once took off began.

Then the appetiser

Then came out the beef consommé soup. This is not good at all. I had couple of spoonfuls and then gave it back.

Then came out the seafood dish. This is good. I finished it all. Of course I knew Asiana fed me well so no seconds needed.

Followed by fruits and cheese. I was already full at this point.

Of course I needed to complete it so here is dessert with Oolong tea.

Right after dinner my bed was made.

Comment

I snoozed for about 3.5 hours and then woke up thirsty. Took a photo of where we were.

And used the bathroom. Oh I should say that right after take off I went to use the bathroom by door 1R and it was broken. So we only had one bathroom for the flight, but we only had 4 passengers so we never had to wait. After I used the bathroom I went back to snooze for another 4 hours. After I got up about 6-7 hours left till ICN I was hungry. I got this as a snack.

This was good also.

Then I went back to sleep again until it was time for breakfast. I went to the bathroom to take photo’s. Everytime someone used the bathroom it was cleaned and restocked.

Once I got back to my seat the FA’s asked if I wanted breakfast. I said yes and it was served according to when people woke up.

Followed by Yogurt and Cereal

Comment

Then I got the Korean breakfast menu. This was also good, but I was way too full so I only finished half. And tried each one of the spices that came along with the food.

Breakfast followed by Oolong Tea.

I took a photo of the dirty and small screen TV’s that we were able to use. The pen on top is to show you how small the screen is.

Arrival into ICN was at 5.10am. Since my connecting flight was at 9.30am I choose to clear security and take photo’s of ICN. This was my first time that I was ever going to be in Korea. I had the choice of going back into the secure area also, but I wanted pictures.

Here are some random photo’s of the arrivals hall.

Then we head up to the departures hall. It was at 5.25am so almost nobody was there.

Comment

All random photo's of the airport. With cars and checkin counters.

I wanted to steal this sign so bad

The SQ checkin desk at ICN

Comment

A picture of the entrance to the bathroom.

Then it was time to go outside to a -5C weather.

The elevators at ICN all Korean made brands.

A picture of the arrivals hall from the mezzanine level

FamilyMart it's not Japan here

The buses in Seoul.

Comment

Then it was only 5.50am and checkin counters didn’t open till 6.30am. I was bored so I took out a book of Sudoku. I did about 2 puzzles and then it was still 6.15. I just sat there and stared at the checkin counters to open. Once it was 6.30am I went to the F checkin counters and just for the heck of it asked what the passenger load was.

The lady said it was full. I went to clear immigration and then time to go back to the SQ lounge. Once I got to the SQ lounge I showed my F boarding pass and once again got asked for my *G card. UGH oh well. I said it was an F boarding pass and she looked again and said oh yes. I was allowed to enter the F side. I went straight to take a shower. Right after the shower I charged my cell phone and digital camera battery.

Slumber room for SQ F side.

What foods they had on offer at 6.50am at the F side.

Comment

Working...
                              X