The latest BAA idiocy at LHR T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest BAA idiocy at LHR T3

Because of unexpected engineering works today, there was no HEX service. Off I ventured in a cab to the congestion of early morning traffic instead. Not too much time lost, and instead of arriving at the AA checkin desk 3 hours before departure, I get there around 2.5 hours prior.

The wait at the checkin counter wasn't bad at all (although the computer decided not to transfer my Sapphire status to my BP, giving me an ignominious Group 5 boarding priority), so I thought I could still have a leisurely breakfast at the CX lounge.

Then the event that snapped my calmness: the BAA numpties weren't allowing Y passengers who were there more than 2 hours before their departure into the security queue. They actually turned people away for trying to head to the departure area 2 hours 15 minutes before scheduled departure.

What a stupid way to incentivize people not to cut it close before their flights. Oh, and it took at least half an hour to reach the inane shoe conveyor belt.

My hatred for BAA grows.

It's too early in the morning to drink, it's too early in the morning to drink, ...
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    My hatred for BAA grows.

It's too early in the morning to drink, it's too early in the morning to drink, ...
    jjpb3, despite your footnote, I would urge you to follow the nickbot rule of air travel, which is that it's *never* too early to drink if you're flying somewhere Methinks many other SQTalkers follow their own similar rule of thumb too

Comment

I am sure this rule will not last as it might damage profits from the BAA shopping mall if Y passengers only have 2 hours for shopping.

Nickbot totally agree with you

Comment

Then the event that snapped my calmness: the BAA numpties weren't allowing Y passengers who were there more than 2 hours before their departure into the security queue. They actually turned people away for trying to head to the departure area 2 hours 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
        That f-ing ridiculous. I can't believe that at all. That is truly a new low for BAA.

Comment

Knowing how bad the Y security line can get at LHR, not allowing pax to enter until two hours prior to departure does seem a bit absurd.

jjpb3, sorry to hear of your frustrations today. But I know you well enough to be certain, wherever you're heading for the weekend, that your feelings of frustration will soon be replaced with smiles & laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            Nickbot totally agree with you
            Lobster, your beer glass chinking smiley reminds me - I owe you a couple of beers from when we were in London last time, drinking in the HI Bloomsbury bar when I had no cash on me - don't let me forget!

Comment

Nothing those pr*cks at BAA do surprises me any more.

I see now some of them down there are threatening to strike between Christmas and New Year, just when we are going on holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                ... I know you well enough to be certain, wherever you're heading for the weekend, that your feelings of frustration will soon be replaced with smiles & laughter.
                & more alcohol, quite likely.

Comment

Because of unexpected engineering works today, there was no HEX service. Off I ventured in a cab to the congestion of early morning traffic instead. Not too much time lost, and instead of arriving at the AA checkin desk 3 hours before departure, I get there around 2.5 hours prior.

The wait at the checkin counter wasn't bad at all (although the computer decided not to transfer my Sapphire status to my BP, giving me an ignominious Group 5 boarding priority), so I thought I could still have a leisurely breakfast at the CX lounge.

What a stupid way to incentivize people not to cut it close before their flights. Oh, and it took at least half an hour to reach the inane shoe conveyor belt.

My hatred for BAA grows.

Oh interesting, they want to give other European airports a fair slice of their business?

But seriously, this is the most stupid thing they've done ('til now- I don't want to know what they'll do in the future ). Do they love their queues and missed flights so much they want to keep you landside?
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

There has been a confirmed sighting of jjpb3 & he seems to have gotten past this morning's feelings of frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                      jjpb3, despite your footnote, I would urge you to follow the nickbot rule of air travel, which is that it's *never* too early to drink if you're flying somewhere Methinks many other SQTalkers follow their own similar rule of thumb too
                      Not me. In the morning. it means coffee.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      I am sure this rule will not last as it might damage profits from the BAA shopping mall if Y passengers only have 2 hours for shopping.
                      Well, even fastrack is a slow track! Did not have time to do window shopping the last couple times departing from LHR.

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                      There has been a confirmed sighting of jjpb3 & he seems to have gotten past this morning's feelings of frustration.
                      I predict he is in his palace sleeping... and dreaming about fajitas at his uncle's place.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        Not me. In the morning. it means coffee.
                        Maybe it was your double that shared a glass of Dom over breakfast with mrs nickbot and I in the SIN SKL earlier this year?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          I predict he is in his palace sleeping... and dreaming about fajitas at his uncle's place.
                          The fajitas ... yummmmm. The condition of the cab back to the hotel ...

The BAA numpties have been displaced in my mind by better things.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                            Maybe it was your double that shared a glass of Dom over breakfast with mrs nickbot and I in the SIN SKL earlier this year?

I am shy, naive, and innocent!

The BAA numpties have been displaced in my mind by better things.
                            Glad to hear that! Something silky? And warm?

Comment

...The BAA numpties have been displaced in my mind by better things.
                              A bit of cajun-themed food or shopping therapy, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X