Ever spend New Year on-board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever spend New Year on-board?

Have you ever been in the airplane at midnight on 31st of December?
    How was it going? Any surprises from Singapore Airlines?
    Tell your stories

I have a chance to get flight on December 31st from Los Angeles to Tokyo.

Many times. Nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
      Many times. Nothing special.
      Do they announce a new year and give a champagne?

Comment

Not on SQ as far as I remember but on AY, I got some vodka glasses and (strangely) a pack of festive disposable napkins!

Comment

I have done LHR-SIN on New Year with SQ and there was no mention of the New Year all. Partly because I guess how do you decide when it is new year. Is new year at the point of departure, new year at destination or new year where you are over at that moment.

Comment

Once took SQ 1 on Jan 1st from SFO, which meant spending New Year's Eve waiting to board as the flight is scheduled to take off just after midnight. Just a greeting from the pilot while pushing back, no surprises from SQ.

Comment

champagne for NY celebration is easy, just fly C or F I was on board an SQ flight from BKK to SIN on Dec 31 last year that arrives past midnight in SIN. No special announcements made and no champagne served in C for that particular moment unless requested. Of course our glasses were already full so no issue

Comment

Will do this year but I don't expect anything special. Which timezone should they use? We flew christmas once and they didn't bring in Santa either. Well at least the FRA team handed out little chocolate ones when boarding :-)

Comment

I'm having some guests who will be doing SIN - CDG on 31st. According to the crew when they flown in, SQ334 would have champagne for all passengers, regardless of the class they are in. So I guess that would be something special
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Will be doing the JFK FRA this time over new year. WiLl report If there is any 'special treatment'.
                    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                    X