Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two airports [LHR, FCO] ....one question: two hours enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two airports [LHR, FCO] ....one question: two hours enough?

This being the honeymoon, i don't want to screw it up.

Departing T4 on November 4th, a 7:15am flight to Rome.
    So I'm aiming to arrive at the airport for 5:15 - will this allow enough time for the chaos?

Also, I return from Rome the following week a 5pm flight from FCO. The last time i was there, 2 years ago, was total meltdown and the entire coach i was with nearly didn't make the flight as the computer systems kept crashing and there was no way to check in.....
    Again, i'm aiming at arriving a the airport two hours before the 17:20pm flight to Blightly......am i pushing it?
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
    This being the honeymoon, i don't want to screw it up.

Departing T4 on November 4th, a 7:15am flight to Rome.
    So I'm aiming to arrive at the airport for 5:15 - will this allow enough time for the chaos?

Also, I return from Rome the following week a 5pm flight from FCO. The last time i was there, 2 years ago, was total meltdown and the entire coach i was with nearly didn't make the flight as the computer systems kept crashing and there was no way to check in.....
    Again, i'm aiming at arriving a the airport two hours before the 17:20pm flight to Blightly......am i pushing it?
    If you FEEL you're pushing it, then don't. Starting a honeymoon all stressed-up isn't going to make it nearly as romantic and fun. Give yourself time, go early, enjoy the airport, get a cappuccino, buy a book ...
    Last edited by CarbonMan; 22 October 2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

that's why i'm asking - I've never used LHR before in my life.
      My experiences have been largely MAN/SIN/KUL
      I've nver had a problem with MAN, though i've always been there stupidly early as I don't sleep well the night before and I've only been a solo traveller.
      SIN of course is so smooth and quick, it skews your sense of time and perspective completely.

So i'm hoping some of our seasoned pro's can shed some light on the LHR experience - I've been reading MAN Flyers LHR thread, but that mainly seems to deal with T3 and T5, with a large leaning to business/first rather than Y....
      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Assuming no hiccups, arriving at LHR T4 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of an intra-Europe flight should be more than fine, Javaman. Back in my London days, I usually arrived 1.5 hours before departure and had plenty of time to pop into the relevant lounge.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I am now in Heathrow T1 Star Alliance lounge...... been in out of this airport three times the last week and I must say, LHR is a zoo..... and I particularly hate BA self check in which doesn't work for me.....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
          X