Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swissport baggage handlers to go on strike at LGW and STN

Over August bank holiday.

http://www.travelbite.co.uk/news/uk/august-bank-holiday-strike-gatwick-and-stansted-$1236566.htm

Holidaymakers planning August bank holiday breaks could face chaos after baggage handlers and check-in staff announced a strike at London's Gatwick and Stansted airports for Monday 25th 2008.

Further walkouts on Friday August 29th may follow over an ongoing pay dispute, according to trade union Unite.

And union members at Manchester Airport will vote on whether they will take action next week.

Staff at Birmingham and Newcastle airports will also be balloted and Unite said it expects the airports to follow the London airports' lead.

Over 70 per cent of the 300 union members at Gatwick voted in favour of the action, Unite claims.

Employer Swissport is offering workers a three per cent payrise, but staff say this is well below inflation and unacceptable.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.
Working...
X