BOM and DEL going 77W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOM and DEL going 77W?

I was just checking some redemption availability for BOM and DEL in 3Q '08. Noticed that SQ424/423, SIN-BOM vv. and SQ408/407, SIN-DEL vv. are showing as 77W.

I would have thought that any additional 77Ws would have been deployed to longhauls before routes like India get them...

There are probably some high yield passengers to and from BOM and DEL. If those flights fit nicely into the 777-300ER rotation such that the aircraft would otherwise be sitting idle on the ground, then it makes sense.

Comment

And SIN-PEK with a 77W starting from July as well.

btw a stupid question: can anyone tell me what vv. is?

Comment

Originally posted by iehelyn View Post
        can anyone tell me what vv. is?
        Vice Versa.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

I would have thought that any additional 77Ws would have been deployed to longhauls before routes like India get them...
          I would have thought the same.

So the SIN-ATH 11-hr flight still gets a 772 ER and the India routes get a 77W?

Comment

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The 773s are 18P, 49J and often 100% full in P & J.

The 77Ws are 8P, 42J.

Even with higher fares, I don't see how they can make up revenue for 10 less P and 7 less J seats.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
              I would have thought the same.

indian routes are better yielding than ATH that too front cabins run full year round.

Comment

Have you looked at C fares between ATH and SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Ever since Jet Airways (9W) introduced their 332s from BOM and DEL to SIN, SQ's biz pax from India have been defecting from the regional business class seats to 9W's VS-type flat seats. What else can you expect SQ to do? Its a premium-heavy market and if it doesn't provide a premium product and a competitor does....

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    SQ's biz pax from India have been defecting from the regional business class seats to 9W's VS-type flat seats.
                    Indeed, perhaps.

However, if they are defecting, there seems to be a lot of people who are taking their place (referring to SQ408 / SQ424 to DEL and BOM respectively).

Comment

Originally posted by SQ forever View Post
                      indian routes are better yielding than ATH that too front cabins run full year round.
                      They may well be, I don't really know.

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      Have you looked at C fares between ATH and SIN?
                      Yes, I have been continuously for the last couple of years. Been traveling Y so far, but as of this year I made the switch to flying C (always ICN-SIN-ATH rtn, as I live and work in South Korea).

Fare is substantially more expensive than other carriers, but that is SQ.

"Your vision will become clear when you look into your heart." - Carl Jung

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        Ever since Jet Airways (9W) introduced their 332s from BOM and DEL to SIN, SQ's biz pax from India have been defecting from the regional business class seats to 9W's VS-type flat seats. What else can you expect SQ to do? Its a premium-heavy market and if it doesn't provide a premium product and a competitor does....
                        Ah I'm out of the loop on that one. Didn't know the 9W 332s flying to SIN were equipped with the herringbone lie-flats.

Once my QPP requal is in the bag, I might be defecting over there too...

Comment

The 9W 332's operating out of KUL are also herringbone lie-flats.

Comment

Fare is substantially more expensive than other carriers, but that is SQ.
                            SQ's C fares ATH-SIN are far lower than FRA-SIN, LHR-SIN, CDG-SIN, AMS-SIN, ZRH-SIN, etc.

Comment

True indeed. Thought you were talking wrt the competion, not wrt other SQ EU routes pricing.
                              Doesn't it make sense that SQ would allocate the 777-300ERs to their higher yield routes rather than their lower yield routes?

Comment

Working...
                              X