TG Chef on Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Run away from that dish as fast as you can.
    All I can say is it was superior to the the Lobster that SQ is serving out of LAX now. I think that came out of the same fish tank as the Coquilles Saint Jacques. I did learn my lesson....read these threads more!

Comment

Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
      I had the Coquilles Saint Jacques a few months ago. It tasted like they scraped the bottom of a dirty fish tank to make this dish. I asked for and received the famous omelette instead.
      Also, I booked the Lobster last month on TG600 for breakfast. I would phone TG back and ask again.
      Here a picture of that particular dishes.
      The taste actually quite decent, just a little bit bland to my taste bud. But hey, that what salt and pepper are for.
      But once again, it's depend on personal, individual taste.

Comment

That dish actually looks ok. The dish I was presented with looked very different. The scallops were very small, not much larger than a pencil eraser, although there were about 10 or 12 of them. Also, the sides were not plated as in the picture...simply placed on the plate...which was fine, but, the taste was not/would not have been enhanced by salt and pepper. It was just off. I am glad that you had a better experience than me. Maybe there is a different version for long and short haul flights. Thanx for the photo...maybe I will try again. Cheers!
        Last edited by yvrguy; 1 October 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Ex-NRT Japanese Bento - Grilled Chicken Yuzu Pepper flavor

Special ex-Narita and Sapporo Japanese Meal for daytime departure flights
          Grilled Yuzu pepper flavored grilled chicken served in a bento – same between F and J

Comment

Special ex Bangkok First Class Assorted Sushi

Special ex-Bangkok Royal First Class Pre-order meal
            Assorted Sushi
            This is a Japanese Dish consist of Sushi: Smoked Tuna, Marinated Salmon with Lime, Prawn with Miso Suace, Foie Gras, Salmon Roes, California Roll, Assorted Jumbo Roll, Salmon and Cream cheese roll served with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.

Comment

Carfield for resurrecting this old chestnut. I had forgotten all about it.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
              X