Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peranakan Meals to be catered on flights!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peranakan Meals to be catered on flights!!

Mouthwatering!!

http://www.superadrianme.com/food-an...anakan-dishes/

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...P1N-I.facebook

Clever idea, will miss it on my flight tmrw but will try it end-Sept latest

Comment

I must add that the Peranakan Museum is reputedly the best in Singapore and Malaysia in showcasing its history, art and culture. Unfortunately not well-advertised. Recommend a visit especially when it's free!

Comment

Brilliant idea! I would love to eat Peranakan favourites like ayam buah keluak on a plane!

Comment

Have these meal items been loaded on to singaporeair.com?

I can't see any of them listed under the BTC menu for any of my July flights

Comment

Originally posted by saobangpo View Post
            Have these meal items been loaded on to singaporeair.com?

I can't see any of them listed under the BTC menu for any of my July flights
            Guess they need to get this still loaded into the beta system, which hopefully does not screw-up.... anyways....

"Singapore Heritage Cuisine will be served on selected flights departing from Singapore between July and September 2015. Selected main courses will also be made available for pre-ordering to Suites, First Class and Business Class customers through the Airline’s “Book the Cook” service."

Source: http://beta.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne150625.jsp

Comment

Its already loaded into the non-beta site.
              Scroll to the very bottom of this page :
              http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ssingapore.jsp

The offerings in Business and First class are the same except for the "4 hour" comment next to Peranakan Hokkien Mee Soup.

For some unknown reason, it says on the Business Class BTC that Peranakan Hokkien Mee Soup "is only available for flights over 4 hours".

But in the First Class BTC, there is no such restriction.

You mean : This dish is such an elaborate meal that Biz class pax may potentially require up to 4 hours to finish it and thus, you cannot serve it in short sectors like SIN-BKK (2hrs), SIN-MNL or SIN-HKG (3hrs) ? While First class pax is capable of finishing it on time ????

Sometimes I wonder why SIA shoot themselves in the foot !!!

Ayam Buah Keluak
              An iconic Peranakan dish, chicken and baby pork ribs stewed in buah keluak and tamarind gravy, served with traditional Nonya vegetable stew (chap chai) and steamed rice

Itek Siow
              A Peranakan classic - braised duck in a thick onion and tamarind sauce served with traditional Nonya vegetable stew (chap chai) and steamed rice

Nonya Pork Satay
              Grilled pork skewers accompanied with rice cake, onions and cucumber accompanied with a unique pineapple-chilli and peanut sauce

Peranakan Hokkien Mee Soup (only available on flights with flight time above 4 hours)
              A rich pork-prawn broth with pork, prawns and vegetables on top of egg noodles and rice vermicelli - a Peranakan version of a popular Singaporean hawker dish

Comment

I should be able to catch this in Sep. I suppose we don't get all four flavours of the ice cream...

Comment

Mouthwatering indeed

Trying Nonya pork satay next week.

Tried to book the Hokkien mee for a BLR flight, but not shown in the selection menu although the flight is >4 hours. Are they considering block time 4 hours or actual flight time.

Also noted that AMS has BTC menu but I couldn't select it. Is this new? Those Indonesian selections sound very mouthwatering too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                    Its already loaded into the non-beta site.
                    Scroll to the very bottom of this page :
                    http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...ssingapore.jsp
                    Ordered. Thank you

Comment

Yum...

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...peranakan-food

Comment

Ayam Buah Keluak

An iconic Peranakan dish, chicken and baby pork ribs stewed in buah keluak and tamarind gravy, served with traditional Nonya vegetable stew (chap chai) and steamed rice
                        Very good and juicy. However, not enough rice to enjoy the meal to the fullest

Comment

Traditional Ice Cream Wafers

An assortment of bandung, gula melaka, jagung and pandan ice cream sandwiched in wafers, a local favourite

Very good and not too sweet

Comment

Nonya Pork Satay
                            Grilled pork skewers accompanied with rice cake, onions and cucumber accompanied with a unique pineapple-chilli and peanut sauce

Very tender chunky porky meat skewers which I have no complaints about. They are larger, longer, and more filling than the usual meat satays served onboard long haul flights. I thought pineapple-chilli was a combined concoction but they were served separately. The keropoks were really good and paired really well with the delicious sambal. They were addictive, I wish there were more. The ketupats were also moist and good. Overall, very good dish. I look forward to try the other Peranakan selections.

Comment

[QUOTE=indianocean;194686]An iconic Peranakan dish, chicken and baby pork ribs stewed in buah keluak and tamarind gravy, served with traditional Nonya vegetable stew (chap chai) and steamed rice
                              Very good and juicy. However, not enough rice to enjoy the meal to the fullest

Agree that this was a great dish and I was very pleasantly surprised. I too found that there wasn't enough rice for the meal. The only thing off was the chilli which wasn't authentic but no biggie.

Comment

Working...
                              X