Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
    SQT Amazing Race BKK DO
    It won't work. All the contestants would get disqualified because they'd upgrade to J with miles.

And most would end up going via CMB and TIP with a few turnarounds thrown in for good measure and end up at their destination about 5 days late, using 12 one way tickets but with 200,000 extra miles in their FFP account.

Comment

Actually Pinkfloyd, I'm none of the above ...

"Dinky-di" Australian, but I have been previously informed that my 'nickname' lends itself more towards the Norweigan side of things..

Comment

I arrived in BKk last night. Had a very nice taxi driver from the airport into town. Drove relatively slowly and kept a sensible distance from the car in front which was good as there were no seat belts. Even had a nice one this morning to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
          Actually Pinkfloyd, I'm none of the above ...

"Dinky-di" Australian, but I have been previously informed that my 'nickname' lends itself more towards the Norweigan side of things..
          Very much so mate!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I arrived in BKk last night. Had a very nice taxi driver from the airport into town. Drove relatively slowly and kept a sensible distance from the car in front
            Clearly a freak, or newbie.

which was good as there were no seat belts.

Even had a nice one this morning to the office.
            I use them to travel around town regularly. It's those expressway's to and from the airport when they can put the clog down that concerns me.

Am I dreaming or did you once tell me your company didn't like you using cars/taxis without seatbelts ?.

Comment

Sit in the front seat which has seat belts.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Am I dreaming or did you once tell me your company didn't like you using cars/taxis without seatbelts ?.
                Yeah we do have very strict rules on wearing seatbelts and our company heath insurance will not cover you if you are injured in an accident and were not wearing a seatbelt where they are fitted. So far this year we have had 12 staff members killed worldwide from non natural causes of which 8 have been killed in car accidents. But they also hate paying out more money so their answer in Bangkok is for us to sit in the front of taxis where as sqdazz points out there are seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  Sit in the front seat which has seat belts.
                  Oh boy, that's sunk the opposition argument...

Pansy ?!.

I wonder what we should therefore call those who are that tight they won't pay less than 20 dollars to avoid a 140kph seatbelt free smelly old deathtrap driven by a psychopath......
                  Pansy... Pansy...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Oh boy, that's sunk the opposition argument...
                    It's a good call. Ensure's a better view of your last few moments and a quicker end.

And of course you can better guess how long he has been working as you can see him nodding off earlier as you pass the 100kph mark....on the inside...

Pansy... Pansy...
                    You can take your pick :

Silly ?, stupid ?, bizarre ?, f*ckwit ? ( ) or maybe Death-Defying-Scrooge's ......

Comment

My SO, flat-out refuses to take a taxi by herself from the airport back home after 10pm... I've done it every single time, but I'm a guy, and haven't had any problems yet - there are a few taxi drivers who are a little dodgy, and no one can guarantee your safety
                      Maybe suggest that she's a pansy - sit in the front, belt up and be brave ?

Comment

Im not a f*ckwit scrooge though
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Maybe suggest that she's a pansy - sit in the front, belt up and be brave ?

It's not about the bravery aspect but instead just the fact she doesn't travel alone late at night unless she's driving her own car.

Which as a guy, I (and it seems you, also?) tend to overlook the fact that some members of the fairer sex still find it unsafe travelling alone, especially in a city like Bangkok, as they might be taken advantage of, and even more so late at night...
                          Last edited by Kyo; 21 August 2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Silly ?, stupid ?, bizarre ?, f*ckwit ? ( ) or maybe Death-Defying-Scrooge's ......

You can take your pick :
                            I'll take my pick if you take yours

Gullible ? Easy-To-Take-Advantage-Of ? Being-A-Sucker ? Exploitable ? And yes, Pansy ?

While we're at it, why not give me 20,000 or 50,000THB (heck, for 50k, I'll even send a fleet of tuk-tuks to ride alongside/in front/behind) and I'll make sure you get picked up in a S-class or equivalent to your hotel? 900THB or 20,000THB, it doesn't matter - you're getting ripped off and you obviously don't seem to care anyway! Then let's see who's the Scrooge...

That's your prerogative, but I know where I stand on this matter and it's firmly on the 200THB side. Even if it means 'being a Scrooge'.

Bring it on, baby
                            Last edited by Kyo; 21 August 2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Which as a guy, I (and it seems you, also?) tend to overlook the fact that some members of the fairer sex still find it unsafe travelling alone, especially in a city like Bangkok, as they might be taken advantage of, and even more so late at night...
                              So you mean it's okay to take care (be safe) with dodgy taxi drivers who might take advantage of you but it's not okay to take the same care with dodgy taxi drivers who might crash and kill you (seat belt or not) ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                                So you mean it's okay to take care (be safe) with dodgy taxi drivers who might take advantage of you but it's not okay to take the same care with dodgy taxi drivers who might crash and kill you (seat belt or not) ?
                                I mean, that for those in the know, you won't be taken advantage of and you'll know when to assert your authority in simply instructing a BKK taxi driver to slow down. And I also mean that there are some women who don't dare to confront a guy, especially at night. In a taxi. Nice try mincing my words, though

Unless of course, they pretend they don't understand what you're saying. In which case, learn to speak the local lingo.

Comment

Working...
                                X