Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kindly Recommend A Phuket Hotel (SPG vs Hilton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindly Recommend A Phuket Hotel (SPG vs Hilton)

Going in August, and Hilton's got a 35% off promo at the moment at the Hilton Arcadia Resort & Spa...

(and I know haf has shown us three wonderful pictures of the Andaman Suite, which unfortunately I don't think I'll be gunning for)

I'm weighing this up against all of SPG's offerings (including their new Westin Siray Bay which opens 1st August, that I'm keen to avoid due to it being brand new/kinks being ironed out etc), and wondering if anyone cares to comment about the Sheraton or the Le Meridien there?

Have taken note of leo's excellent review of the Sheraton Grande Laguna also, but am just worried that the 'population density' of the resort is rather high. Privacy always a good thing, imo...

The Krabi resort is out of the way and we will be going there next week anyway, so we'll prefer somewhere on Phuket itself.

Have seen the Burasari thread also, but probably going for SPG or Hilton this time. Have tossed Accor out the window also...

I luuuurve the Andaman Suite! Especially when I managed to stay there for under $50 SGD/night! (used points to get the reservation and got the offer to upgrade the room online and got the best room they had at the time).

Kyo surely you have some Hilton points to pull this off!

Let's see the room again shall we?

the hotel wing exterior looking towards the water (not the same view from the room though)

the entrance and living room area...

the entrance to the bedroom... large bathroom with huge walk in shower and corner tub down to the left...

the long sweeping balcony that runs along the side of the room (the room is on the far end of a quiet wing)

blog

Comment

I say ditch Phuket for Koh Samui.
      HUGE AL

Comment

I've stayed in all three on your list, and they all have their good and bad (or not so good) points so it depends what you are looking for. Any chance of a hint of what you are looking for on this particular jaunt ?.

Comment

I suggest for La Flora hotel, nice little small boutique hotel, get the beach front suite. I've stayed in Hilton before in Phuket, but La flora is in Patong and very close to all the action (if that what you looking for)

I know this wont answer your question, just throwing another option there.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            I say ditch Phuket for Koh Samui.
            Fully agree! Enjoyed Samui quite a bit more and the airport's pretty funky as well...
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

the girlfriend and i stayed at the le meridien khao lak... truly loved it. it is definitely far removed from phuket (about one hour), but we loved the isolation. the beaches were so quiet, and the staff were as nice and helpful as any we have come across. just check out the gf's fb page, where she has a bunch of pictures of the trip. we rented the beach one night for a private dinner and they did such a wonderful job that we were both amazed. we even had our own little lantern festival, which was a lot of fun. hope you have a great trip.

Comment

haf: Actually, I have two Hilton free nights and almost got a third one (one more stay required to get a third, shouldn't be a problem). Hhonors points-wise, a laughable 55k as I did some burning late last year before the devaluation. The upgrade thing does sound interesting but after taipeiflyer's recommendation, I'm leaning towards the LM...

HUGE AL: Dude, you crack me up, seriously! Turning a Phuket holiday into a Samui one... (seriously, one of my early 2010 redemptions started during Feb has a 7-month stopover in BKK before continuing on to HKT, so that's not changeable no more... ). Furthermore, we're slowly gunning down the remainder Thailand islands/locations where we've not been this year (one of my 2010 resolutions, the deal was to focus on Thailand/Malaysia and I could do a whole lot more in that regard, current political crisis notwithstanding)...

mhadian: Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look around on that hotel you recommended. Generally we're after the more isolated spots, however.

Pinkfloyd: Pls refer to my reply to HUGE AL above. We do Samui later!

taipeiflyer: I didn't realise that it was at the LM Khao Lak where that lantern ceremony took place! I'm definitely liking your recommendation that it's an isolated paradise of sorts also. How are they with regards to upgrades? Plat suites a high possibility, you reckon? That would *really* make the holiday special.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  haf: Actually, I have two Hilton free nights and almost got a third one (one more stay required to get a third, shouldn't be a problem). Hhonors points-wise, a laughable 55k as I did some burning late last year before the devaluation. The upgrade thing does sound interesting but after taipeiflyer's recommendation, I'm leaning towards the LM...

HUGE AL: Dude, you crack me up, seriously! Turning a Phuket holiday into a Samui one... (seriously, one of my early 2010 redemptions started during Feb has a 7-month stopover in BKK before continuing on to HKT, so that's not changeable no more... ). Furthermore, we're slowly gunning down the remainder Thailand islands/locations where we've not been this year (one of my 2010 resolutions, the deal was to focus on Thailand/Malaysia and I could do a whole lot more in that regard, current political crisis notwithstanding)...

mhadian: Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look around on that hotel you recommended. Generally we're after the more isolated spots, however.

Pinkfloyd: Pls refer to my reply to HUGE AL above. We do Samui later!

taipeiflyer: I didn't realise that it was at the LM Khao Lak where that lantern ceremony took place! I'm definitely liking your recommendation that it's an isolated paradise of sorts also. How are they with regards to upgrades? Plat suites a high possibility, you reckon? That would *really* make the holiday special.
                  hi kyo. we really did love it. they did give us a huge corner suite as a plat- hard to say if that is the norm or not, since we were only there once... but we would absolutely love to go back... even if only in a small room. like i said, the staff were gracious beyond comparison. they helped us arrange day trips, i told them about the dinner and they planned everything, etc. they really made our stay the ultimate in relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                  X