Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas gifts plans to SQTalkers?

Dear all,

Reading this 'dSLR' thread and phaleesy's desires, the 'cars you drive' thread and 9V-SIA's desires, etc. this year I happily volunteer to be Santa.

But I have been told that you don't get to request what you want for Christmas - instead, Santa N_Architect will decide and bring for you.

Therefore and taken into account I've know a few of you for a while, I can say with confidence that my choice of gifts will (hopefully) satisfy your 'lusts' or desires.

Let's then proceed with my gift choices for all you and see if I am right and can make you all happy, shall we not?

To HUGE AL, Santa will bring ...

To SQflyergirl, Santa will bring ...

To KEITH MEL, Santa will bring ...

To kapitan, Santa will bring ...

To 9V-SIA, Santa will bring ...

To kyo+, Santa will bring ...

For MAN Flyer, and following intense secret negotiations with the South Korean government, Santa has arranged ICN and GMP airports to be merged into one, effective 2012-01-01. Name of the new airport to be announced soon, as negotiations had to be paused due to today's increased naval tensions because the North and South Kims. Furthermore, and in close cooperation with LH, on selective days of the week the flights from MUN will NOT be stopping in Seoul's (upcoming) single international airport, but instead will head straight to PUS. Santa's team of expert negotiators have approached SQ for a direct flight SIN-PUS, however the airline released the following statement: "We appreciate MAN Flyer's continuous cooperation, support and constant feedback all those years but his persistence on issues such as relaxing the new rules on TPP Changi access combined with his almost neurotic pressing of the FSS/LSS/IFS calling button onboard our planes has become pretty obnoxious and therefore we suspend consideration of the new proposed route SIN-PUS till further notice."

[This post to be kept updated on a continuous basis...]
    Last edited by N_Architect; 11 November 2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

To btester, Santa will bring the following:

- a full-pack EN language course (books, DVDs) since I can see you have a pretty high difficulty in expressing yourself in structured and well enough understood English;
      - a personal laptop with an internet connection so that you can use the DVDs described above;
      - an internet subscriber enrollment to an-line service for practicing English in text and voice from home;
      - bonus: set of microphone/earphones for communicating on the web.

To zvezda, Santa will bring the following:

To lobster, Santa will bring the following:

To jjpb3, Santa will bring the following:

To Nick C, Santa will bring the following:

Last edited by N_Architect; 11 November 2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Please note Santa (who does not know all of you so well) is accepting recommendations from all of you on what gifts SQTalkers should get.

For example, kyo+ could PM Santa if he has a good idea on what kind of gift (say) SQflyergirl would like and so on...

Comment

Wow! This is going to be an interesting one, although no prizes for guessing what most people will be recommending for me. (8-letters long, I'll bet)

Very generous of you, indeed, good man!

Comment

Wouldn't it depend on whether SQTalkers have been naughty or nice? Someone told me that HUGE AL's should be, "lifetime award availability limited to TG F, restricted to BKK-MAD on Asia-Europe itineraries".

What have you been up to, HA?

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

To jhm, Santa will bring ...

For phaleesy, Santa has arranged a truck (stick shift, 12 gears, no hydraulic steering) drivers license course. Duration of the course is 7 months, and tough exams are anticipated after that. Student to wear safety goggles, safety helmet and boiler suit during 'application'. Successful completion of the program and award of license provides the student (that is phaleesy) with the opportunity of participating in the British Rail bi-annual exams for train drivers license. Appearance in the BBC's Top Gear show as a guest star and test-track lap on the show's test car is optional.

To nickbot, Santa will bring ...

For Luke GT, Santa has arranged plenty of web tech assistance/support for 2010 at his disposal, as we can see attacks on SQT increasing lately...
              Last edited by N_Architect; 11 November 2009, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Wouldn't it depend on whether SQTalkers have been naughty or nice? Someone told me that HUGE AL's should be, "lifetime award availability limited to TG F, restricted to BKK-MAD on Asia-Europe itineraries".

What have you been up to, HA?

OH, now that's just WRONG!

Hmmm...as of late...I would enjoy taking control of AF and giving back all that they've taken away from their dwindling FB members.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  OH, now that's just WRONG!

Hmmm...as of late...I would enjoy taking control of AF and giving back all that they've taken away from their dwindling FB members.
                  Amen to that!!
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I already got what I wanted for Xmas so I'm all good for this year

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Am I right to think that what you've described is a gift plan for the naughty ones? Well deserved punishment. *evil laugh*

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                      To jhm, Santa will bring ...

For phaleesy, Santa has arranged a truck (stick shift, 12 gears, no hydraulic steering) drivers license course. Duration of the course is 7 months, and tough exams are anticipated after that. Student to wear safety goggles, safety helmet and boiler suit during 'application'. Successful completion of the program and award of license provides the student (that is phaleesy) with the opportunity of participating in the British Rail bi-annual exams for train drivers license. Appearance in the BBC's Top Gear show as a guest star and test-track lap on the show's test car is optional.
                      Thanks for my pressie plan. Santa N_Architect. I am looking forward to bullying all the little cars on the M25. I am also looking forward to my strike holidays and pay increase with the British train companies. I would look so sexy and beautiful in my new boiler suit, helmet and goggles because no one can see my face. When I appear on Top Gear after playing with the stick, I'd be looking as hot and desirable as Sienna Miller.

Comment

May I suggest a few lady reindeer friends for the un-gentleman Nickbot?

What is Santa bringing for N_Architect this year?

BTW, I'm buying myself an early Xmas pressie... the new 100mm macro would be arriving next week with a 'courier service' from the States!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          What is Santa bringing for N_Architect this year?

BTW, I'm buying myself an early Xmas pressie... the new 100mm macro would be arriving next week with a 'courier service' from the States!
                          Well, to be honest, I really don't know what Santa may bring for me this year.

Haven't decided on buying myself something nice, so perhaps for a change the gift to myself will not be material-related, but instead will-related (e.g. a personal target or smt that needs to be changed inside me).

I am surprised you're ordering from the States - does it come cheaper than U.K. list price even after VAT and import additions? The new 100L is the one with the hybrid-USM, right?

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                            I am surprised you're ordering from the States - does it come cheaper than U.K. list price even after VAT and import additions? The new 100L is the one with the hybrid-USM, right?
                            Yes, it's the hybrid. I'm so excited now! But I don't know what bugs I can find in the winter.

You are right. I bought quite a few things in the UK in the last year as well. But some stuff are still cheaper in the States.

Comment

You can get bugs onboard a ship (outside the navigation bridge deck) during sea trials, for example:

[but I guess you don't do sea trials that often, do you? ]

Comment

Working...
                              X