Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Broadband: Hotel/Hotel Chain List: Please report

https://www.shangri-la.com/en/corpor...rnews/124/#296

Not new news for some other chains, but it is for one like SL. Good on them, and deserves a mention

Well done, now here's to hoping we'll see Hilton, IC and Accor follow suit!!

Might be a bit hard convincing SPG...

Comment

Reporting live to you from a 28 SGD a day connection at the Hilton...........

so not everyone's in on the bandwagon yet!

Comment

I was in Dubai over weekend at was at the Traders hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that DSL (in room) and Wifi (in lounge) was included.

Then I moved to the Sheraton Dubai Creek and was shocked to find that they want AED 50 for 1 hour and AED 120 a day. Considering AED is almost on par with the Ringgit, that's a pretty penny !

Comment

Hi All,

Hopefully not hijacking the thread by taking the limelight away from Shangri-La, however the Gallery Hotel in Singapore offers free wifi / DSL in all rooms

Comment

Was at the Shangri-La BKK over the weekend - and yes, it's free now there

As for the Gallery Singapore - yeah, they've had it free for a while now

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              As for the Gallery Singapore - yeah, they've had it free for a while now
              Yeah I was there in October '08 - prior to that the last time I stayed there was sometime in '05 - at that time it wasn't free...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Well done, now here's to hoping we'll see Hilton, IC and Accor follow suit!!
                Considering the state of the economy in most countries I can't see many other hotel chains adopting this offer - I know Accor wont be doing it anytime soon...

Comment

And yet... Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is charging SGD 33 per 24 hours for internet!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Considering the state of the economy in most countries I can't see many other hotel chains adopting this offer - I know Accor wont be doing it anytime soon...

They do in some of their higher end properties but it usually depends on your room rate.

Anyway I'm of the opinion that the Internet is so commonplace now that it should be treated like any other basic commodity, whether it's running water/electricty or the world wide web. And I also think if more and more people started boycotting hotels that charged exorbitant amounts for the Internet (and boycott them only for this reason), we'd see freely available 'net access sooner rather than later. And conversely have been staying in properties that provide said access. Certainly I've been doing my bit for this personal 'crusade'.

/end rant mode

Viva la revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      And yet... Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is charging SGD 33 per 24 hours for internet!
                      I hope you protested heavily, complained when they asked you to fill in those online hotel surveys asking about how well they did (regarding that silly price), and not only refuse to pay it, but signed up for a free Wireless@SG account that lets you use the Internet all over Changi airport.

Or just go to the SKLs and use the net for free there or anywhere scattered around the terminal.

Comment

Gave in this time.
                        Maybe next time I'll do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Anyway I'm of the opinion that the Internet is so commonplace now that it should be treated like any other basic commodity
                          It is indeed very commonplace now - a big differentiator for me would be free net, and any hotel that offered is in my book, already 20 yards ahead of one that doesn't in a 100 yard dash as far as my business is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            It is indeed very commonplace now - a big differentiator for me would be free net, and any hotel that offered is in my book, already 20 yards ahead of one that doesn't in a 100 yard dash as far as my business is concerned.
                            Yup. My shortlist inevitably comprise of hotels with free internet.

Unless the rates at non-free internet hotel is low enough and better located.

Comment

Editing the thread title to : Free internet at hotels list: Kindly report

As it's taken on a different meaning to the SL's free net, and would be a nice resource.

Comment

Working...
                              X