Airport hotel in SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport hotel in SFO

I need to spend a night at an SFO (or vicinity) hotel (after arriving on SQ2) in order to catch a connecting UA flight to Reno the next morning. Can some kind SFO expert out here please recommend a place to stay?

Also, do SFO hotels routinely offer free shuttles to their property or do I have to book the transfer separately?

Thanks!

Most airport hotels have free shuttles so you don't need to worry. I'll leave others to advise on which hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Most airport hotels have free shuttles so you don't need to worry. I'll leave others to advise on which hotel.
      Thanks 9V-JKL. Hope someone can reccommed a good mid-range hotel. It's basically to crash for the night so I don't need something too fancy. I've got three nights booked at the Hotel Adagio (a JDV property) when I return to SF from Reno/Lake Tahoe. The Adagio has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

Comment

The nicer properties around SFO are the Westin and Hyatt. Have stayed at both, and also the Sheraton Gateway, which I didn't like.

Comment

The Marriott at SFO is also pretty nice and has a nice view of the San Francisco bay too as it is located on the edge
          Last edited by zander; 16 October 2008, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs, much appreciate the advice.

Comment

Isn't there a flight that allowing you to connect from SQ 2 to Reno late evening?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Isn't there a flight that allowing you to connect from SQ 2 to Reno late evening?
                Yes there is, but SQ2 arrives at 1835 hrs and the next connecting flight on UA is at 2230 hrs. First, I don't fancy hanging out at SFO for 4 hours, and second I am sure the friend whom I'll be staying with in Reno for the next 2 nights will not take too kindly to picking me at the airport at that late hour! But thanks for the suggestion SQ LPP.

Comment

Oh, in that case it's understandable. But anyway, there are many lodging facilities around SFO area. Depending on the day, and how much you want to spend. They have airport transfers. The Westin Hotel, Clarion, and also Hampton Inn as well as Marriott. Oh, there is also Bay Landings.
                  Further down south, you will find Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, Doubletree.
                  Anyway, the hotel pick-up at the International Terminal is located on the departure level. Thus, after clear immigration and customs, you have to go up one floor, and walk towards the front door, and there will be a sign for hotel pick-up. There is a phone to notify the hotel that you need to get pick up. The shuttle most of the major hotels are every ten to 15 minutes. But of course from my own experience, being unlucky person, always miss the pick up by couple minutes, i.e. have to wait longer.

Of course, if you don't want to leave very early morning to Reno, downtown hotels are easily reached by train (BART) about USD5 one way.

Comment

That said, is a airport hotel at RNO cheaper than in SFO?

Comment

A night at an RNO hotel is an idea but there are some cheap deals at SFO too, like Travelodge and Comfort Suites for under US$100. Basically I just need a place to crash for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        Oh, in that case it's understandable. But anyway, there are many lodging facilities around SFO area. Depending on the day, and how much you want to spend. They have airport transfers. The Westin Hotel, Clarion, and also Hampton Inn as well as Marriott. Oh, there is also Bay Landings.
                        Further down south, you will find Hyatt, Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, Doubletree.
                        Anyway, the hotel pick-up at the International Terminal is located on the departure level. Thus, after clear immigration and customs, you have to go up one floor, and walk towards the front door, and there will be a sign for hotel pick-up. There is a phone to notify the hotel that you need to get pick up. The shuttle most of the major hotels are every ten to 15 minutes. But of course from my own experience, being unlucky person, always miss the pick up by couple minutes, i.e. have to wait longer.

Of course, if you don't want to leave very early morning to Reno, downtown hotels are easily reached by train (BART) about USD5 one way.
                        Sorry SQ LPP, I missed this earlier message. Thanks for all the useul tips. Think I might check out some of these other properties you mentioned. I dont want to stay too far from SFO as the flight to RNO leaves at about 1030 the next morning.

Comment

If hotel stay program points is not priority, you can do "priceline." One time I got less than USD100 for the Hyatt and also Sheraton Gateway. Or else, look at the hotel website and look at their internet rates (prepaid though).

I've never stayed near Reno airport, but I do remember that Reno's hotel/motel was cheaper than in San Francisco. But again, arriving midnight in Reno might not be good for someone's jetlag. Not too sure whether the hotel/motel in Reno have shuttle from the airport.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation, arriving on SQ2 and connectiong the next morning to YVR. I decided I wanted an SFO airport hotel because of my early morning departure, and after checking around I decided to do a Priceline bid. I got the Hyatt regency SFO for $60 (+about $15 taxes) which is a great deal, just need a bed for a few hours. This was less than half the rack rate, so I decided I could forgo the points.

Comment

For information on priceline bids on how to bid and also a rough estimate of a winning bid, I would suggest checking out sites like betterbidding. It is a good resource for priceline and hotwire bids.

Comment

Working...
                              X