JL to serve KFC onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL to serve KFC onboard

Japan Airlines is to begin serving Kentucky Fried Chicken to passengers on some US and European flights for three months next week.

Japan Airlines passengers on board flights to New York, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, London, Frankfurt and Paris will get an Air Kentucky meal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...assengers.html

Good Grief!!!!!

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Good Grief!!!!!
    +1

Comment

Stop dissing KFC. It's le poulet gourmet ala amerique.

Forget 3 Michelin stars. This will give you 4 Michelin tyres...... around your waist.

Comment

Okay, who was the marketing genius who came up with this! I thought the JL brand was being positioned as classy and prestigious.

But then again the Japanese have a different take on everything. I don't know.. maybe the KFC brand is seen as something consistent, popular and hip there

Comment

How about some Japanese fast food? MOS Burger or Yoshinoya?
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Put Cheesecake Factory on board!

Comment

Mos Burger and Yoshinoya are already on JL!
              I think it is a good idea.

Comment

Yes, very good ideal. I look for KFC when I am on assignement in USA too. They are quite different from those you can find in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  Yes, very good ideal. I look for KFC when I am on assignement in USA too. They are quite different from those you can find in Singapore.
                  Best KFC in Asia is in Malaysia.

Comment

Oh, I think BKK's can give M'sia a run for its money...

Comment

Best KFC in Asia is the one which blast-off orders via delivery service at 2.30 am because Indonesian Idol takes 2 hours to announce who won and we got hungry.

Comment

Not so much of a bad idea really. KFC in Asia is, IMO, way better than in the USA. Plus, it is very popular in Japan during Christmas.

Also, given the fact that KFC has been the most popular western food in China, I wonder if CA, CZ, or MU will do this as well.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Put Cheesecake Factory on board!

Comment

How well will it work, though? It's not exactly as though they're going to fry the chicken onboard... and friend chicken that's not fresh tends to be just greasy and unpleasant. Maybe they have a secret to bring it back to edibility?

Comment

For me there's nothing wrong with introducing KFC on board. Only problem I feel is that so far no airlines had been able to serve hash browns (for breakfast) and french fries/nuggets (for kids meal).

I think it will be rather disgusting to eat warm soggy drumsticks?

Not against the idea, in fact I'll personally be interested to have it on a flight, especially the Zinger burger. But just.. how are they going to prepare it?

Comment

SQ serves hashbrowns for breakfast occassionally (sometimes on top/on the side of eggs), which looks weird but actually has tasted not too bad...

Comment

Working...
                              X