JL to serve KFC onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
    You high maintenance kids fly SQ too often. Have you seen Y class meals on other airlines?! If you really gave a 4X about processed food, there is no way in h3ll you'd be eating airline food, and you would know that KFC is an upgrade...
    You're absolutely right here. I avoid eating on shorthaul flights these days on any airline. For long haul I'd go for RVWL or FPML. But I'm not sure I'd agree with you on KFC being an upgrade from standard Y meals. And I stand by point about it being just plainly sad from a branding perspective.

Comment

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/food...T9rt5x.twitter

Today the [KFC] christmas chicken dinner (which now boasts cake and champagne) goes for about 3,336 yen ($40).

And the people come in droves. Many order their boxes of ”finger lickin’” holiday cheer months in advance to avoid the lines—some as long as two hours.

[...]

Japan’s love of American fast food does not dim with the Christmas lights once December 25 has come and gone—KFC’s ability to take it’s traditional foods and adapt them to Japanese culture has made a bucket of chicken a meal worth having year round. This April, they opened a three-story restaurant at the south entrance of Shimokitazawa station in Tokyo which offers the company’s first-ever, fully stocked whiskey bar—what their website says gives visitors a taste of “Good ‘ol America.”

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        I'm talking about branding here. Lots of people who fly Y expect to get a decent meal too. Just look at the number of discussion on catering in Y all over the net. Even if we know Y food is nothing to salivate over, there's a certain appeal about getting a meal in air. KFC is predictable and it is economical. Everyone knows they can get a few pieces of chicken at KFC for a few dollars anywhere back home. If I were a once/twice a year vacation-goer, getting KFC on board kills a large part of the allure of air travel.

And on another note there is a growing minority of people especially in the Gen Y age group who are more conscious about the food they eat and avoid processed food. I being one of them. There's no way in hell I'd be downing KFC chicken or whatever it is they serve there.
        Cocacola, Sprite and those juice too ! (predictable and cheap).
        Last edited by cscs1956; 18 December 2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X