Novotel City Gate, HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novotel City Gate, HKG

I assume there's not much Accor's fans here...
    But after several times stayed in this particular Accor property, I think this hotel worth a review.

Having stayed at all Accor's properties in HKG, I think Novotel City Gate is the nicest one (I'm open for other opinion... )

Location wise, maybe it's not suitable for all of us, but its perfectly suit me.
    Located at Tung Chung, this hotel just 10 minutes by the hotel free shuttle mini van from the airport.
    Being next to Tung Chung MRT station, it give me an easy access to all part of HKG.
    And it's on the City Gate shopping complex, with a lot of famous brand's factory outlets (Bally, Lanvin, aTestoni, Burberry, Coach, Miu Miu, CK, A|X, DKNY, etc). With their factory outlets there, its mean you can have all year long sale there...

The property "out look".....

The shopping complex....

The neighborhood resident tower....

I stayed at the Premier Suite room....
    Maybe this 4* hotel's suite not just like other 5* hotel's suite (especially W's room which I stayed next). But it's very nice. Love the minimalist decor and the wide window. And a good value for your money...

Some views of the room......

Room entrance...

The foyer....

The room....

Another room's views...

Nice Bose iPod docking station....

A very nice Air Con remote controller.....

To the bathroom....

The bathroom....

Views from my room....

I can sit there for hours just to watch the aircraft movement at HKG airport...

Comment

Another window's views....

The Club Lounge...
      Not like other hotels Club lounges, Novotel City Gate don't serve breakfast in their Club lounge, just evening cocktail and all day tea and coffee and snacks.

Some shoots from the evening cocktail event...

Views from the lounge....
      I was really enjoying the view from the lounge.....

My "nibbles" ....

Conclusion.....
      Novotel City Gate is a very nice Accor's property in HKG. Every times I stayed there, I always enjoyed it.
      Worth every dollars you paid...
      Last edited by Dent@SUB; 10 June 2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          Having stayed at all Accor's properties in HKG, I think Novotel City Gate is the nicest one (I'm open for other opinion... )
          I'm surprised you've stayed at Ibis North Point?

Great report, it looks a bit spartan though...

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
            Thanks for this report Dent@SUB

With my move to Asia at the end of the year looking more likely I'm looking forward to many trips in the region and this looks like a great place to stay.

Thanks again!
            Thanks for reading, SQtraveller...

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I'm surprised you've stayed at Ibis North Point?

Great report, it looks a bit spartan though...

Been there, done that...
            You'll be surprised with my "Hotels I've ever stayed" list...

Yup, agreed with you.
            But I like that minimalist decor, that made the room feel very spacious, and nothing blocked the panoramic window when you're lying on the bed...

Comment

Kyo,

Speaking of Ibis North Point, you will (or maybe not) be glad to hear that the hotel is going under complete renovation from top to bottom, everything from rooms to staff will be changed.

Expected completion date around the end of the year or early next year...
              Last edited by Gunnar Smithsen; 10 June 2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                Kyo,

Speaking of Ibis North Point, you will (or maybe not) be glad to hear that the hotel is going under complete renovation from top to bottom, everything from rooms to staff will be changed.

That's a good news...
                Actually, Ibis North Point isn't bad at all....
                The location is very good, MTR station just next door...
                Very good value for budged travelers...
                Btw, their Harbour View Rooms have a stunning view, especially on the higher floor.
                Hmmm.... Maybe will stay there again after the renovation completed....

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                  Kyo,

My goodness me, there you are again! Thought you'd disappeared... wasn't there something about your peeps getting in touch with me?

Great to hear - it's got a fantastic location (as Dent@SUB points out), for sure (at a relatively affordable price too), but I've since given up on Accor due to the SPG / HHonors programs. Too many Whimsical Wonderlands in Honkers and I prefer the Conrad on HK island, currently

By the way - a few of us are meeting up in SIN next Friday evening, are you in town? Join us if you can...

Comment

G'day Kyo,

A temporary absense due to differences of opinion lead to a boardroom re-shuffle and as such recently requiring a movement of "operations" from SIN to BKK which means a lot less trips to SIN (actually I haven't been back since end of JAN ).

I am shaded in for end of July pending approval from the Boss, but will be in BKK from the 30th July for about 10-14 days, if anyone's interested..

But I digress, back to the topic (sorry Mods)

The new GM of the Ibis North Point (who started on the 1st of this month) has quite a good rep in the company) should prove to be a very good appointment!

Comment

Working...
                    X