All about Shangri-La hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Shangri-La hotels

Hi everyone. Since this forum has a "general" thread, I thought of opening one dedicated to Shangri-La hotels, which turns 50 this year (2021). Shangri-La and Singapore Airlines have a lot in common: both were born in Singapore and both are synonym of Asian excellence. Unsurprisingly, the two companies agreed to offer their respective members 2 way point redemptions among other reciprocal benefits. I’m not sure if you will agree, but Shangri-La gives me the impression of being Singapore Airlines on the ground: quality of service and attire of staff being major elements. Really surprised that Singapore Airlines and Shangri-La didn’t buy stake in each other, many airlines had their own flagship hotels (Swissair: Swissotel / Le Méridien: Air France / SAS Scandinavian: Radisson...). I wouldn’t be surprised if there were such discussion on the table in the early days. Shangri-La is also part and parcel of Singapore’s soft power given the high profile summits it held and countless head of state it housed. I hope that you will find this thread useful. Guests and current / previous staff members of Shangri-La (in Singapore or elsewhere) are more than welcome to open new topics about Shangri-La hotels in general, its loyalty program, history, etc. Q&A’s are welcomed!

Note: this thread will be deleted if inactive or if deemed off topic by moderators.
Working...
X