SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ Catering and Amenities > Singapore Airlines Catering

Old 3rd July 2015, 05:22 AM   #166
LifeInCMH
SQTalker

Default How far ahead can you book BTC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
As soon as you make your flight booking
This does not seem to be true (for my Suites flights JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM). I have my flight in 3 months and BTC is not available online on SQ website. So I called an operator who said it's too early to book special meals and suggested I try later...
LifeInCMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 06:21 PM   #167
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInCMH View Post
This does not seem to be true (for my Suites flights JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM). I have my flight in 3 months and BTC is not available online on SQ website. So I called an operator who said it's too early to book special meals and suggested I try later...
Unless that's a very recently introduced rule that's bollox. You can BTC when your flight is booked.
Old 6th July 2015, 07:21 PM   #168
ycp81
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Flying Blue, Enrich

Can't BTC for my flight in Nov as well....
ycp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 04:34 PM   #169
KC*
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
My experience has all along been that online BTC selection is not available till closer to flight date but I don't remember it being that close! I thought it opened about 6 months ahead or so.

But on the other hand, is there a need to be able to make a meal selection so far ahead? I don't even have an idea of what I'd fancy eating a week ahead, much less 3 or 6 months.
KC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 05:17 PM   #170
TTOTY
SQTalker

November 2015 flight BTC is open

just did my BTC for SQ26 and SQ15
TTOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 07:18 PM   #171
TTOTY
SQTalker

Would also appreciate some recommendation and opinion on the following dishes:

For SQ26

1) Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass in Bouillabaisse Broth
2) Artichoke-tomato crusted loin of lamb in thyme sauce, French beans with bacon, and gratin potatoes

and for SQ15

1) Roasted Chilean bass in creamy cider vinegar sauce with roasted tomato, parsley potato, baby carrots, and asparagus
2) Korean Galbi / Samgyetang

Thx
Old 14th July 2015, 02:07 AM   #172
LifeInCMH
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTOTY View Post
November 2015 flight BTC is open

just did my BTC for SQ26 and SQ15
Yeah. It opened up for me as well. Chose following:
1. JFK - FRA, Lobster Thermidor (just had to have one!). If it's chewy, I hope SQ will allow mains from the on-board menu.
2. FRA - SIN, Lamb Rendang for lunch and Prawn Wanton soup for breakfast (I don't like German food all that much, and I also don't expect much for SE Asian cooking ex-Frankfurt!). Previous experience of a Keiseki meal on LH F metal (FRA-NRT) was not good and I hope catering for SQ is from another kitchen!
3. SIN - BOM, Kyo Keiseki (I love Japanese food) but don't eat beef/veal. I wonder if there's a way to insert additional notes within the BTC. I didn't see any place on SQ website - suggestions anyone? I could revert to Shahi Thali from the on-board menu.
Old 14th July 2015, 02:46 PM   #173
TTOTY
SQTalker

Quote:
Yeah. It opened up for me as well. Chose following:
1. JFK - FRA, Lobster Thermidor (just had to have one!). If it's chewy, I hope SQ will allow mains from the on-board menu.
2. FRA - SIN, Lamb Rendang for lunch and Prawn Wanton soup for breakfast (I don't like German food all that much, and I also don't expect much for SE Asian cooking ex-Frankfurt!). Previous experience of a Keiseki meal on LH F metal (FRA-NRT) was not good and I hope catering for SQ is from another kitchen!
3. SIN - BOM, Kyo Keiseki (I love Japanese food) but don't eat beef/veal. I wonder if there's a way to insert additional notes within the BTC. I didn't see any place on SQ website - suggestions anyone? I could revert to Shahi Thali from the on-board menu.
I am doing the opposite of you : SIN-FRA-JFK.. and I chose the lobster for FRA-JFK leg (hopefully it is not chewy, last 2 lobsters with them was kinda tough and chewy)

Tried the kaiseki once ex-Sin - booked it for my wife. She only managed to eat 1/3 of the things..
Old 14th July 2015, 09:31 PM   #174
LifeInCMH
SQTalker

Quote:
I am doing the opposite of you : SIN-FRA-JFK.. and I chose the lobster for FRA-JFK leg (hopefully it is not chewy, last 2 lobsters with them was kinda tough and chewy)

Tried the kaiseki once ex-Sin - booked it for my wife. She only managed to eat 1/3 of the things..
As in not good (kyo kaiseki)? Have you tried the Indonesian/Malay dishes? Nasi Lemak and such...
Old 18th July 2015, 02:40 PM   #175
TTOTY
SQTalker

Quote:
As in not good (kyo kaiseki)? Have you tried the Indonesian/Malay dishes? Nasi Lemak and such...
I guess it doesn't suit my wife's taste bud

I have not tried the Malay dishes but my friend who flew on SQ recently gave a thumbs up for the Nasi Lemak
Old 17th October 2015, 11:19 PM   #176
maemae
SQTalker

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the laksa recently?
maemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 07:37 AM   #177
jonleong
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: QPPS

Quote:
The BTC Nasi Lemak is good and authentic. Don't bother with the onboard menu Nasi Lemak though.
jonleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 11:47 AM   #178
TTOTY
SQTalker

BTC-ed nasi lemak for my breakfast on the SIN-FRA sector

Need some recommendation on this:

Pan-Seared Chilean Seabass in Bouillabaisse Broth
An adaptation from its Marseillaise original, its broth is flavoured with saffron, white wine and a splash of Pernod. Served with slow-cooked capsicum confit and zucchini pasta.

has anyone tried it? tentatively booked this for my supper - was thinking of the 8oz ribeye though, but worried that it may be too heavy for supper
Old 18th October 2015, 11:44 PM   #179
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Quote:
tentatively booked this for my supper - was thinking of the 8oz ribeye though, but worried that it may be too heavy for supper
Nah, it's dinner time in FRA
9V-JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 02:40 PM   #180
TTOTY
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
Nah, it's dinner time in FRA
LOL