Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger launches low-cost priority boarding service

Tiger launches low-cost priority boarding service

SINGAPORE: Budget carrier Tiger Airways has launched a low-cost priority boarding service called boardmefirst.

Tiger Airways Singapore managing director Rosalynn Tay said this new service will complement other services like allowing passengers to pay in proportion to the weight of check-in luggage and selecting their seats.

These ancillary services have been contributing to Tiger's revenue streams.

Boardmefirst is now available on its international flights and costs S$6 per passenger per flight sector when booked online.

Ms Tay said it is offered so passengers do not have to chalk up expensive miles. - CNA/vm

Taken off Channel Newsasia Website

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Ms Tay said it is offered so passengers do not have to chalk up expensive miles. - CNA/vm

Comment

Hmm, but Tiger do assign seats now. Unless they are reverting to the "rush onboard and grab the best seat" system.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

This article makes no sense...

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

very likely that tiger is following air asia with their priority "hot seats" boarding - as seems tiger always be the follower esp of air asia anxillary services n chargers

Comment

Tiger Airways to increase Airbus A320 aircraft fleet to 14 by year end

SINGAPORE: Mainboard-listed low-cost carrier Tiger Airways says it plans to increase its Singapore fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft from 10 to 14, by the end of the year.

Tiger says the decision was prompted by air travel's robust recovery in the Asia-Pacific, as well as Tiger's own growing passenger demand.

In a statement, Tiger's managing director Rosalynn Tay says with a bigger fleet, the carrier can increase frequencies and introduce new routes and destinations.

Economies of scale will also result in greater operational efficiency and lower costs, which Ms Tay says will mean more opportunities for customers to travel at lower fares.

Tiger is currently looking at expanding its routes to Greater China and further into India.

Ms Tay added that the carrier will also hire more pilots and cabin crew in line with its fleet expansion.

In a separate statement, Tiger also announced robust operating numbers for the month of June.

Total passenger volume was a record 5.3 million people, up 52 per cent on year.

The average load factor - the percentage of seats sold - increased five percentage points to 85 per cent. - CNA/jm
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I don't get it. Would people seriously pay good money to ENSURE they have space in the overhead compartments? Seems ludicrious.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                  I don't get it. Would people seriously pay good money to ENSURE they have space in the overhead compartments? Seems ludicrious.
                  Look at Easyjet with their SpeedyBoarding.. I never fly EZY but they wouldn't offer the option if it wasn't bringing in cash..

Comment

Working...
                  X