CX loves me more ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX loves me more ...

I need to travel from PVG to SIN end of this month. SQ (direct flights) quoted RMB15K while CX quoted RMB12K (need to transit in HK) for a business class ticket. Was ready to book SQ as I can use the mileage to re-qualify for SQ silver within the next 10 months (was bumped down to no status from SQ gold without soft landing ). However when I log on to my CX account, I am pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to CX gold already despite being 7000 miles or 2.75 sectors short of the qualification threshold with 3 months of membership year to go.

Due to the early qualification granted to me automatically, I feel obliged to give the business to CX (not mentioning saving myself RMB3K). Great move CX !!
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Congrats! I was upgraded to SL in 2007, despite being short of a few thousand miles too and just made enough miles to qualify for GO last year. Never looked back since 2007....as I completely ditched KF.

Comment

Unlike certain other airlines which seem to be doing exactly the opposite (both in the past when times were good and even now), CX appear to appreciate and value not only their own MPC frequent flyers but also those of their OW partners.

For that reason alone, I'd happily give CX my business now (and it becomes an absolute "no brainer" if I have time/patience for a transit and CX is cheaper!). Loyalty goes both ways.

Comment

Working...
      X