Anyone tried Air Pacific???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Air Pacific???

I have a colleague at work who wants to travel to Sydney, Australia. He wants to travel out of LAX, and is trying to get the cheapest possible ticket. The cheapest available so far are Air Pacific and United Airlines, and is hoping not to take United because of he isn't a fan of their service. Qantas is sold out for his desired dates. Has anyone tried Air Pacific (based out of Fiji)? How decent is this airline in terms of equipment and service? He is hoping for individual screens as well, but that is not a necessity (just a bonus if available). He just wants a cheap ticket and decent service. I told him that since Air Pacific's 747s, which are used for this route, were from SQ, there may be individual screens in the economy cabin, but could not confirm.

Any feedback on this airline will be apprciated by us. Thank you.

FJ 744s are equipped with PTVs.

Comment

I flew them in F back in 1999 - 2000 for the Millenium. Though they were the barcaloungers, the food, service, and amenity kit (all Fijian products) were very nice.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Thank you Nick C, and Huge Al for the info. That was very helpful.

Comment

V Australia is launching on the transpacfic route later this month. Might want to consider them if that fits in with your friend's dates, as they offer a direct flight and what looks like a pretty decent product.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Sorry, I was away. About the V Australia, are they cheaper than Air Pacific, and how is their service? I know they are part of the Virgin Group by Richard Branson. Someone I know tried Virgin Atlantic, and wasn't happy with that airline. I tried Virgin Blue from Sydney to Melbourne, and it was a pay on board type of service, but you also get that here in North American flights too on almost every airline here. Virgin Blue had some hot stewardesses though.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
              Sorry, I was away. About the V Australia, are they cheaper than Air Pacific, and how is their service? I know they are part of the Virgin Group by Richard Branson. Someone I know tried Virgin Atlantic, and wasn't happy with that airline. I tried Virgin Blue from Sydney to Melbourne, and it was a pay on board type of service, but you also get that here in North American flights too on almost every airline here. Virgin Blue had some hot stewardesses though.
              Considering that they've yet to start flying, I don't think anyone here would be able to tell you how V Australia's service is. They are the international airline of Virgin Blue, but VA will be a full service carrier unlike DJ.

As for their fares, they ought to be rather competitive as they're going head-to-head on the route with the Big Boys. Why not play around with the website yourself and find out?
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
              X