Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAS allows onboard calls

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_298283.html
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Good news! I wonder when other carriers in Asia will introduce this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Good news! I wonder when other carriers in Asia will introduce this?
      I beg to differ. This is an awful trend. Flights are the only opportunity for escape ringtones and loud cellphone bluster...

Comment

and especially for China and India flights - it will be a very noisy cabin n many pax will be unhappy with this facility.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          I beg to differ. This is an awful trend. Flights are the only opportunity for escape ringtones and loud cellphone bluster...
          Agreed. I was looking at one portion of it: Data, not voice

Comment

I have to say I find this troubling - if the electronic device has an 'flight mode', then fine.

If it doesn't transmit signals (i.e. passive), then fine.

But this sets a troubling precedent, not to mention how horrible it will be to put up with people trying to call / getting random sms-es as a new country picks up the first device transmissions upon descent in a new location.

Aka the "Welcome to so-and-so country. For data charges please call 123456789, and note roaming costs apply."

Bloody annoying when they all come in at once..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Bloody annoying when they all come in at once..
              Singtel's the worst! I never look at my phone for the first 5 minutes after arriving into Changi, cause it's likely the 2 quadrillion SMS"s i just got are from them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Agreed. I was looking at one portion of it: Data, not voice
                Ah that's different. Then we can look forward to your real-time TRs.

Comment

This is one of the reasons I really enjoy NH. They are SUPER strict about the cell phones being used the second you enter the aircraft and until you exit. Makes for a more quiet and peaceful journey.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Cathay has started allowing passengers to use cellphones after landing, while the aircraft taxies to the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      This is one of the reasons I really enjoy NH. They are SUPER strict about the cell phones being used the second you enter the aircraft and until you exit. Makes for a more quiet and peaceful journey.
                      I believe NH and all planes entering and departing from Japan are under JCAB (Japanese Civil aviation Bureau) and their regulations have strictly mentioned that mobile phones are not allowed to be used at any time inside the planes.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Cathay has started allowing passengers to use cellphones after landing, while the aircraft taxies to the gate.
                        That sucks!

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                        I believe NH and all planes entering and departing from Japan are under JCAB (Japanese Civil aviation Bureau) and their regulations have strictly mentioned that mobile phones are not allowed to be used at any time inside the planes.
                        Exactly. I have always found this to be a good thing...save my glass of Krug when I sit down.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          Quite a few airlines allow that now. Qantas and Air NZ for starters.

Comment

I don't believe anything is ever THAT important that waiting another 2-min will make a difference. Some people need to get a reality check and some common sense.

With regards calls allowed during the whole flight, anybody with a sense of anything IT will be happy enough to get data transmission like WiFi because even then it's dead easy to make international phone calls or chat. Better still with a WiFi enabled mobile phone.

Comment

The way I see it, cabin crew will request that phones be kept on Silent mode to make sure pax can get a good night's sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X