Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9V-OFI door damage in aerobridge incident (SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-OFI door damage in aerobridge incident (SIN)

From Jetline Marvel's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jetlinemarv...34897776775266
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

H....H.....how is that even possible?

Somebody's pay packet is nowhere near big enough to cover the damage they did.

Comment

Oh no, that is Mous-Scoot-Ka...the long haul config 787 that Scoot uses for sectors like SIN-ATH...

This might be more disruptive to their operations than if this happened to their other Dreamliners, since there aren't that many long haul configured Dreamliners with crew bunks that can operate these long sectors.

Coincidentally, this was the same plane I flew to Greece in late August last year.

Comment

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...irport-9842212

Handbreak not applied?

Comment

Whoa! I did not think such a thing would occur to a door on an aircraft. I wonder how long it will take to repair this? Glad to hear of no injuries and everyone is safe

Comment

Yes such things do happened. Just a year ago, an SQ A330 was at the gate in Changi when its nose wheel collapses and the door was torned apart by the aerobridge which was connected to the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Yes such things do happened. Just a year ago, an SQ A330 was at the gate in Changi when its nose wheel collapses and the door was torned apart by the aerobridge which was connected to the plane.
              Yup, but that SQ A330 incident still involved passengers inside the plane right? Unless I'm wrong, then I'm guessing there were crew but no passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                Yup, but that SQ A330 incident still involved passengers inside the plane right? Unless I'm wrong, then I'm guessing there were crew but no passengers.
                There were no passengers or crew on board 9V-STG when the incident occurred. Only 1 engineer was on board at the time.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...etracts-during
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                  There were no passengers or crew on board 9V-STG when the incident occurred. Only 1 engineer was on board at the time.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...etracts-during
                  Oh I probably forgot. Thanks for the info 9V-SPL
                  Last edited by SQfanatic; 4 February 2018, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Any news on OFI yet?

Comment

Any news on OFI yet?
                      Fixed and back in service.

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                        Fixed and back in service.
                        Awesome! Thanks for letting us know

Comment

Please make an effort to at least trawl the news archives before you start speculating? I’m guessing you do know what Google is... unless I’m wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                            Please make an effort to at least trawl the news archives before you start speculating? I’m guessing you do know what Google is... unless I’m wrong...
                            I do know what Google is. Should have done that before going into some speculation. My bad!

Comment

LAE involved was terminated by EC. Apprentice on board had his training extended.

Comment

Working...
                              X