B&B Recommendations For Margaret River Wine Region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&B Recommendations For Margaret River Wine Region

I know post isn't about the usual city-based hotels, but this folder is probably the most appropriate one for my query.

I am planning a trip to Perth and Margaret River in early June (tickets for seven already booked way back in January, took advantage of SQ's Super Deal). Will be spending three nights in the Wine Region in the week of 8 June (early winter).

Can someone recommend a reasonably-priced B&B, bearing in mind that I will be travelling in a large group (four adults and three kids aged 8, 5 and 3). There are many luxury lodges in this area but I'm really looking at a budget of about SGD220/night.

We are okay to share a villa with other families, and breakfast optional. I know some places do not allow kids so that restricts my choices somewhat.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Slightly OT, but I stayed at the Bunker Bay resort near Margaret River several years back (I believe this is now a Pullman property), and the rooms and facilities were very good, as was the location (assuming you have a car). It was right by the beach, and not far from the wineries.

Among the wineries, I was most impressed wih Leeuwin and Vasse Felix. Voyager is a popular stop, but it seemed a bit over-the-top for my liking.

Coincidentally we were travelling with young kids at the time, and they had a great time.

Comment

Thanks yflyer. I have booked a property in Yallingup from Cape Exec. A beautiful 5-bedroom villa by the lake. I'm taking advantage of their winter special - Stay two nights, third night is free. I will post a TR when I'm back.

Comment

Working...
      X