Indonesian Visa now US$35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesian Visa now US$35

The $10 increase came in last month. It used to be only US$10 for the visa itself.

I wouldn't mind if this was all after a huge upgrade or improvement to the arrival saga at CGK, but it's still a PITA and now we have been clobbered with a 40% increase, after the 250% increase a few years ago.

Annoying, that's for sure.

Even more annoying is when the immigration officer insists on putting the sticker in the middle of a brand new page - thus rendering the rest of the page unusable for more stamps. For the extra $10, I wish they would just do away with these redundant stickers.

Comment

Will fly to bali in 2 weeks. Where the heck am I supposed to get USD?! Is there a money changer at the airport before I have to pay up?
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Come on! We have to fork over $55 for single and $110 for multiple!
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
          Will fly to bali in 2 weeks. Where the heck am I supposed to get USD?! Is there a money changer at the airport before I have to pay up?
          There's plenty of money changers in SIN, but if you need a hand I'll exchange some for you?

Comment

Careful what you wish for. I like the old CGK. If the bloody "improvements" at SUB and DPS are Anything to go by....

Comment

No need to change, it should be read as "USD35-equivalent". I have already paid in SGD and USD and, 2 weeks ago, the guy at the next counter paid in EUR. Of course don't expect a friendly exchange rate
              Since we're at it, don't forget INR 150,000 upon leaving the country (to be settled cash at your check-in counter).

Comment

Well there are plenty of money changing facilities in airports but as Durian says you can pay in other currencies, certainly SGD which is what I used last time.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Careful what you wish for. I like the old CGK. If the bloody "improvements" at SUB and DPS are Anything to go by....
                Is the new facility at DPS no good then ?. The old terminal was crap but I loved the outdoor patio in the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Is the new facility at DPS no good then ?. The old terminal was crap but I loved the outdoor patio in the lounge.

The new facility is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! if...

1) you're a snake, and enjoy winding your way through arrivals and departures through an endless maze of duty free that would make King Power cringe before reaching your gate/exit.

2) you're someone who likes obstacle courses as some of the duty free now is right smack in the middle of the corridor/walkway. So what if it's a fire hazard? As long as someone buys the odd bottle of cologne who cares? (buys intentionally, or unintentionally by breaking it from rubbing past the tight squeeze of shelves they put in the middle of the walkway)

and ALL yours for the increased price of 200,000 rupiah now. Outdoor terrace you say? Gone. As is any character. They have completely and utterly
                  broken something that did not need fixing, and done it twice in a row by butchering SUB Juanda as well.

Watch out... i think they'll come after CGK next

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Watch out... i think they'll come after CGK next
                    Is it actually even possible to f**k up CGK anymore than it already is (ref: inbound CIQ)??
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but some of us may not require a visa for Indonesia from early next year, according to this report from The Australian. But then again, we can only be sure when it actually happens...

"Indonesia proposes scrapping visa fee

A BALI holiday may become even cheaper for Australians, with Indonesia considering lifting its visa on arrival fee.

THE $US35 fee could be scrapped for citizens of Australia, China, Japan, South Korea and Russia from next year, Tourism Minister Arief Yahya says.
                      "Those countries are our main foreign tourist targets," he told reporters on Wednesday, as reported by Indonesian news website detik.com.
                      "Like China, its middle-class is huge and that has potential for us."

The free short-term visas for Indonesia's five main tourist markets was one idea to come out of a ministerial meeting on Wednesday.
                      The other was simplifying licenses to encourage more yachts and cruise ships to stop over in Indonesia
                      ."

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...82416e6825dd6c
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Discrimination I say. Not enough Europeans travelling to Indo? Hmpf

BTW, I fully agree on the "crapiness" of the new DPS terminal. OMG, what a nonsense and the build quality & finishes make it look like it will fall apart soon again.

Comment

The architecture of the old DPS terminal buidling was interesting, at least from the outside.

Comment

Indonesia Waiving Visa Fee for 30 Additional Countries Beginning Next Month

MAN Flyer's anger has been heard.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indonesiarealti...boost-tourism/
                            HUGE AL

Comment

President Joko Widodo signed the presidential regulation on visa-free travel for tourists on Tuesday.

Citizens from the member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations as well as from several other states could already travel to the country visa-free, but the complete list of visa-free states and territories is now:

Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, Chile, Morocco, Peru, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Macau, China, Russia, South Korea, Japan, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and South Africa.

Australians, the third-largest group of foreign visitors after Singaporeans and Malaysians, will still need a visa to enter the country, although tourists can buy one on arrival.
                              http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.co...-45-countries/

Comment

Working...
                              X