SkyTeam Redemption Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTeam Redemption Awards

I know it would be faster to ask directly here.
    Could I redeem a one way flight using NW miles or DL miles? I mean similar like KF or BD which is a half of the roundtrip?
    Thanks in advance, ladies and gentlemen of SQTalk!
    Have a great weekend!

Not with NW miles. You can only redeem roundtrips, although you could redeem going business class and coming back economy (which you would throw away) at 75% of the roundtrip business class price.

Comment

Thank you. Not good to throw away the return. It's a pain to see on line to NRT from the US is available as saver award but not for the next leg to SIN. Can I do waitlist to saver?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Thank you. Not good to throw away the return. It's a pain to see on line to NRT from the US is available as saver award but not for the next leg to SIN. Can I do waitlist to saver?
        Platinums could waitlist for upgrades, I think, but not for outright saver awards to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

Yes you are right. No waitlist on award.
          It seems the fares to upgrade with miles is only for Y and B which is quite expensive for SIN-SFO. If it's an L fare, how to upgrade? Is it a courtesy upgrade at the gate?
          Next question, canceling unused award will incur fee to redeposit miles, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Yes you are right. No waitlist on award.
            It seems the fares to upgrade with miles is only for Y and B which is quite expensive for SIN-SFO. If it's an L fare, how to upgrade? Is it a courtesy upgrade at the gate?
            Next question, canceling unused award will incur fee to redeposit miles, right?
            This applies to NW only:

Yeah, their Y/B fares are expensive now. Used to be you could get the YESIN fares to the US for just over S$2K which you could upgrade for 15K miles each way (and earn back about 40K from the trip) which was a good deal, but not anymore.

No upgrades on L fares unless you're op-upped.

No fee to redeposit unused awards for Platinums until 1 march, when it goes to $50 for Plats and $100 for everyone else.

If you're PE/GE, make sure you search for availability while you're logged in, because you get to see more award seats than general members.

Comment

Working...
            X