Margaret River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
    I have decided to skip the guided and private tours and opt for self-drive next week. Now I have to worry about selecting the vineyards to visit. Given that I can't drink as a driver, my wife doesn't drink and only my dad will get to taste the alcoholic goodness (and we have three young kids in tow), we will probably visit only one location. Which of these wineries would you recommend? This list was provided by the tour company.

* Leeuwin Estste
    * Watershed Winery
    * Brookwood
    * Tassel Park
    * Fermoy Estate

All locations provide wine tasting, with the exception of Fermoy Estate which also allows exclusive barrel tasting (what's that?).
    Why can't your wife drive ? All the more if she does not drink
    I don't know the duration of your trip and your schedule, but a wine tasting will be a 30mins thing at most, if you taste the whole range in a given winery... I'd rather pick a winery that has a restaurant, sunny lunch like my pic above is great. The pic was taken at Cullen.
    Again, beyond the wine tasting, you can pick a winery that organizes tour, the vines, the barrels, storage, ...
    One thing you might want to check prior to your trip is if there is no restriction on kids access, due to alcohol, in some wineries. Not sure how Australia is vis a vis these things.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      How was the Pullman Bunker Bay? When I visited, it was still very new, and it was great. How is it these days?
      Actually the Pullman has been around for many years and the last time I stayed in 2013, some of the fittings were noticeably dated and our villa entrance had cobwebs and rusted signage. But I still love the peace and tranquility of the place and especially the Bunker Beach Cafe just down the road!

Comment

Originally posted by feizhu View Post
        Actually the Pullman has been around for many years and the last time I stayed in 2013, some of the fittings were noticeably dated and our villa entrance had cobwebs and rusted signage. But I still love the peace and tranquility of the place and especially the Bunker Beach Cafe just down the road!
        We actually walked to Bunker beach café, from the bungalow through the beach, very romantic on a Sunday morning, sunny sky and deserted beach... only to reach the Bunker beach café... was an unpleasant experience. It seems the whole neighborhood congregate there, it took 20mins to get our take away coffee, what a chaos, so crowded and noisy while the beach was so empty and peaceful in comparison !

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
          We actually walked to Bunker beach café, from the bungalow through the beach, very romantic on a Sunday morning, sunny sky and deserted beach... only to reach the Bunker beach café... was an unpleasant experience. It seems the whole neighborhood congregate there, it took 20mins to get our take away coffee, what a chaos, so crowded and noisy while the beach was so empty and peaceful in comparison !
          Ah we went sometime in Aug and were probably one of the very few guests at Pullman so all was good.

Comment

Working...
          X