SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    That's odd...SVL is SQ owned isn't it? So SVL is the mystery 77E which brought the number of active 77Es down from 9 to 8.

Having no titles or logo + airtest suggests its been sold to another operator? Seems like a very short timeline...last flown for SQ on 28 Feb and within a month leaving the fleet.
    misread the post... "no title or logo" as the aircraft being all-white.
    all white suggests aircraft is off to another operator.

just 'no title or logo' then suggests the aircraft is going to the desert. SVL must have had some problem for them to choose to retire it before the others. just like SQG last time.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8898481

Comment

there are now 21 active 772/3s + 16 odd A330s (after factoring in those due to leave).... that's 32 aircraft. assuming the 772/3s get replaced before the A330s, that means 21 78J aircraft received in the next FY to replace them... i dont recall the target to be 21 deliveries?

and then if the A330 leases expire (of which STT-STZ will be 5/6 years old in 2018/19).. i don't really see the 772/3s going so soon! it's likely cheaper operating fully depreciated aircraft than to keep those on lease.
      SVB/SVC may actually see their 19th birthday with SQ in 2020!

btw, a guess about SVE... could it be something to do with SQK? like perhaps SVE was intended to be stored...but then a decision was made on SQK (a.k.a write off?) and so plans to retire SVE had to be scrapped.
      I certainly wasn't suggesting that all 777s were going to leave any time soon!

Like you, I don't really expect to see any of the SQ/SR-series 772s or the 773s leaving in the next year, aside from the question of SQK. I was suggesting that the departures we could see in the next FY might be a combination of the A330s coming off lease and some of the 772ER SV-series. I don't think it will be purely A330s, as is already evidenced with SVL.

More specifically, I will find the order in which the 772ERs leave quite interesting to watch. Truth be told, there is only a little more than 2 year's difference between the eldest and youngest, so culling order could simply be based on technical health which we don't know about, e.g. avoiding a major check or potential repair. I do wonder though, if the Vistara rumour of SQ transferring old 772s to be a 'start up' long haul fleet for Vistara has any truth in it, they may select the 'younger' end of the SV-series for this purpose. The SV*s would make a decent proposition if they put in new Y seats, as they could leave the J product in them, which is only 5 years old. Just speculating!

Comment

• Well, after all the mystery of SVE returning to the skies after a 3 month rest, it's now been a week since it's flown again. There's very little work left for the SV* planes to do, with often a day spent out of action between flights for some of them. I'm thinking some more departures will occur soon.

Comment

• 9V-SRL went for an air-test yesterday (09APR18) as SQ8877 in basic SQ livery minus the titles and logo.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            9V-SRL went for an air-test yesterday (09APR18) as SQ8877 in basic SQ livery minus the titles and logo.
            Hmm.. I wonder if the aircraft will be repainted in Nokscoot colours before delivery as HS-XBE?

Comment

• SVE is a strange case
              SVL still hasn’t left Changi has it?
              SQK still unknown
              SYH hasn’t flown for a week
              SYJ hasn’t flown for quite a while
              The 772ERs I can understand...but the 773s don’t seem to have alternatives for their F cabin

Comment

SVE is a strange case
                SQK still unknown
                The 772ERs I can understand...but the 773s don’t seem to have alternatives for their F cabin
                SVL is still at hanger as of 10 April 1730.

Comment

SVE is a strange case
                  SQK still unknown
                  Is there a possibility those 2 773's could be undergoing maintenance and a refurb?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    Is there a possibility those 2 773's could be undergoing maintenance and a refurb?
                    SYH already has the 2006 products retrofitted. Yes, when planes haven't flown for a week, maintenance of some kind is a logical thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      SYH already has the 2006 products retrofitted. Yes, when planes haven't flown for a week, maintenance of some kind is a logical thought.
                      Yeah I was asking about SYJ which doesn't have the 2006 cabin products (ex-77W). SYH I am already aware of.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Yeah I was asking about SYJ which doesn't have the 2006 cabin products (ex-77W). SYH I am already aware of.
                        Originally posted by SQfanatic
                        You really have an issue with taking responsibility for your own sweeping statements, don't you? When will you stop doing this? Will you ever? I hope you don't do this away from the keyboard - nobody would take you at your word...

Comment

• I think SQ is going through the 773 fleet for the reupholstering of J seats to dark brown leather.

SYH already has it.

However it seems like they're not bothering with refitting the hand-me-down 2006 products anymore, since even some of the reupholstered 772s don't have the 2006 seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                            I think SQ is going through the 773 fleet for the reupholstering of J seats to dark brown leather.

SYH already has it.

However it seems like they're not bothering with refitting the hand-me-down 2006 products anymore, since even some of the reupholstered 772s don't have the 2006 seats.
                            that's such a queer thing to do. 772/3s are already recognized as 'old'...can't see how spending $$ to do an insignificant reupholstering makes a difference to the experience.

are they really planning to keep these aircraft that much longer i wonder.

Comment

that's such a queer thing to do. 772/3s are already recognized as 'old'...can't see how spending $$ to do an insignificant reupholstering makes a difference to the experience.

are they really planning to keep these aircraft that much longer i wonder.
                              Well the leather does emit the “new plane smell” for the first couple of weeks

I’m guessing they’ll keep the 772/773 another 3-5 years. Nothing quite replaces the 773 on routes like CGK, unless they decide to abuse the 77W for such a short flight. Seems like the SV- 77E will be going first, sadly. These aircraft were already pioneering short haul lie flat in J!

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                                I think SQ is going through the 773 fleet for the reupholstering of J seats to dark brown leather.

SYH already has it.

I noticed that they recently (in the last year or so?) also re-upholstered the A330 J seats to dark brown leather. Almost forgot how bad they were for lying down until i took them again a couple of weeks back. Need to try the 787 when I have the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X