Waitlisting for non-award flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlisting for non-award flights

Curious if anybody has experience clearing revenue-based ticket waitlists, and if there's anything I can do to facilitate that. I see a lot of threads around award travel waitlists, but don't see anything about revenue waitlists.

I have a reservation for a business-class revenue ticket for work that I intend to ticket in the next few weeks for travel in October. For the outbound from the US to India most of the flight segments are available in lower buckets (D, U), but one relevant HKG-SIN flight is only available in J and up. I know seat maps aren't indicative of loads, but the cabin appears to be empty.

I've asked my travel agent to waitlist in "D" and "U", and have included my United *G frequent flyer number. My KF number is also in the reservation but I won't qualify for PPS until after this trip, so not sure if there is such a thing as a "priority waitlist" or not.

Is it realistic to expect a lower-fare revenue seat will be released to a waitlisted customer? I've tried calling the US reservations agents but have basically been told the computer clears waitlisted flights when it's ready, but that my travel agent "can email their contact at Singapore to try to clear the waitlist". I asked somebody at my travel agency about that possibility, and they had no idea how to do it -- in fact the original waitlisting idea was my own, not theirs.

Is there anything that I can do? If the cabin is empty four months from travel but lower fare tickets aren't available for sale, is the idea of hoping for a waitlist to clear a foolish endeavor?

Which date you are flying?

I see lots of "U" even during Hong Kong public holidays

Comment

Fri night 12Oct, SQ865

Comment

Your travel agent should be able to reserve booking class D or U provided the waitlist is not closed. The lower fare class sell out early esspecially for a popular evening departure time on a friday.
        If you need to fly on that specific day/time I would suggest to confirm a seat in a higher fare class and waitlist the lowest available waitlis fare class.

Comment

Go SQ871 then

Comment

Working...
          X