X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates buys 36 more A380s

More double decker buses...

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press...nal-a380s.html

Wonder if this will help keep the A380 viable a little longer...

I personally like flying on the A380. Regardless of the economics, the debate over point-to-point vs hub-and-spoke, and 2 engines versus 4, as a passenger, I appreciate the size and comfort of the A380, whatever class of travel I am in, and I am glad that EK and SQ offer the A380 on many sectors.

[Whoops: 36 more, not 38. Mods, please amend the title if possible!]

I bet Airbus "gave" them away!

Comment

Yes, Airbus was probably quite desperate. They have been, for the last few weeks, saying that they would close down the program if no new orders came in. It was some posturing of sorts for behind-the -scenes negotiations I suppose.
      Last edited by CarbonMan; 19 January 2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Yes, Airbus was probably quite desperate. They have been, for the last few weeks, saying that they would close down the program if no new orders came in. It was some posturing of sorts for behind-the -scenes negotiations I suppose.
        It's surprising to note they'd close the program if EK didn't place more orders for the 380. And I thought the 747 programme would close down as obviously there isn't much demand for it anymore these days

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          It's surprising to note they'd close the program if EK didn't place more orders for the 380.
          Really?

Comment

It's surprising to note they'd close the program if EK didn't place more orders for the 380. And I thought the 747 programme would close down as obviously there isn't much demand for it anymore these days
            Sorry, your statement is quite contradictory.

If the 747 programme is closing down because there isn’t much demand for it anymore, why would the A380 programme not close down if there is not much demand for it anymore?
            Last edited by reddevil0728; 1 February 2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

What are you going by, your own sentiments and emotions for each aircraft type?

Anyway, UPS just ordered another 14 747-8Fs, which should keep the line open until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                What are you going by, your own sentiments and emotions for each aircraft type?
                Were you really expecting something more than that?

Comment

Working...
                X