The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Will the existing A380's in the fleet get the new cabins as well at a later stage?
    They have made noises about a refit in the past and I hope so.

I flew on SKS from FRA-JFK today and if the state of the rear cabin toilet was anything to go by, they need some work done on them. A lot of fixtures taped up, trims fallen off, parts coming loose. My seat recline button was faulty, in that you couldn't lock in any position. All I had to do was push back to recline and when I woke up from a sleep I found I was no longer reclined. Bit concerning since it is one of the newer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
      Will the existing A380's in the fleet get the new cabins as well at a later stage?
      Yes. Refer to the OP source.

Comment

I have been exclusively flying the remodeled B700-300ER from SQ, and must stay the cabin design is still pretty edge-cutting and modern. I believe this will be the template for the next SQ fleets (the new-A380).

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
          I have been exclusively flying the remodeled B700-300ER from SQ, and must stay the cabin design is still pretty edge-cutting and modern. I believe this will be the template for the next SQ fleets (the new-A380).
          Yikes, what's a B700-300ER, supposedly you really meant to say "B777-300ER" or 77WR

Comment

can anyone confirm that the new suites will not be open for redemption tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
              can anyone confirm that the new suites will not be open for redemption tickets?
              I don't think anything is announced yet.
              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

I wonder how similar SQ's new "class beyond first" will be to Etihad's Apartments. Same location, and likely a single aisle...

Comment

New Seat Map Leaked ???

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...-layout-leaked

Comment

I was quite sceptical when I first saw it, especially with 2 rows at where was once my favourite row 96 on the upper deck. But it certainly does correspond to the 4 windows instead of the present 2 on the photo of the new A380. So...it might very well be!

Seat numbers look correct too, with the absence of row 13. It looks to me most likely real or someone has a lot of time on his hands to fake something quite accurately.

There's just very few toilets left for J pax though, down to 3 from the present 6 on the all upper deck J. With only 10 seats cut. Not surprising, given that toilets don't make any money. Just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                      There's just very few toilets left for J pax though, down to 3 from the present 6 on the all upper deck J. With only 10 seats cut. Not surprising, given that toilets don't make any money. Just sad.
                      I posted a similar point over at flyertalk. Even the current 60J version has 4 toilets.

Unless, the two grey boxes in front of row 91 in the leaked seat maps are actually toilets? Then that makes 5 toilets for 76J pax which is back to the correct ratio. Although I'm not sure if that's possible since the all upper deck J right now also has 5 rows of seats in that section. Perhaps the two large toilets there will be split into 4 small toilets?

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                        I posted a similar point over at flyertalk. Even the current 60J version has 4 toilets.

Unless, the two grey boxes in front of row 91 in the leaked seat maps are actually toilets? Then that makes 5 toilets for 76J pax which is back to the correct ratio. Although I'm not sure if that's possible since the all upper deck J right now also has 5 rows of seats in that section. Perhaps the two large toilets there will be split into 4 small toilets?
                        Yup, I don't think it's possible. We're looking at a fixed space between UDL/R2 and UDL/R3 which at present is just 5 rows perfectly without even extra space or a closet. Either the map is truly someone's imagination or they shrunk the pitch even further for each row

Comment

Well it's gonna be a new J product too so the seat may alternate like the eithad one which may provide more space. Well let wait and see the official launch to know for sure

Comment

Hi guys.
                            My first post after having surfed this site for several years.

Many of us would have seen the pictures of the first class upper deck arrangement of 3 groups of 2 windows on the first of the upcoming batch of 5 A380s.
                            F-WWAQ (9V-SKU?)

Starboard side as seen here => https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircra...-zMLiV8-vA12n4

Looking closer at some of the other photos of the new plane, I found that the window arrangement on the port side is different? With 2 groupings of 4 windows and 2 windows for the first class area.
                            Could we be looking at a super large suite as per Etihad on the forward port side of the plane?

Port side as seen here => https://www.flickr.com/photos/129731...zMLiV8-vA12n4/

Comment

Originally posted by 76er View Post
                              Hi guys.
                              My first post after having surfed this site for several years.

Many of us would have seen the pictures of the first class upper deck arrangement of 3 groups of 2 windows on the first of the upcoming batch of 5 A380s.
                              F-WWAQ (9V-SKU?)

Starboard side as seen here => https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircra...-zMLiV8-vA12n4

Looking closer at some of the other photos of the new plane, I found that the window arrangement on the port side is different? With 2 groupings of 4 windows and 2 windows for the first class area.
                              Could we be looking at a super large suite as per Etihad on the forward port side of the plane?

Port side as seen here => https://www.flickr.com/photos/129731...zMLiV8-vA12n4/
                              Good eye!! Dang, NOW im really interested to see what SQ has up their sleeves

Comment

Looks like the first 380 could have a slight delay.

Comment

Working...
                                X