Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uzbekistan Airways Business Class to London (modern 767 and vintage 757)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful TR with stunning pics as usual, SQueeze! Glad you took the time to look out the window and take pics of the scenery below.

Comment

Great Flight Insight! It brings back fond memories of the trip I had to Tashkent,Bukhara & Samarkand in 2008 with my then Girlfriend and now Wife! It was the first of her "unusual" destination trip with me and her Father asked me 3 times is her Daughter Going to be safe there!

I strongly urge and encourage those who are curious about Central Asia,please make a visit! The experience that Squeeze had with the locals are not unusual. Service although is lacking but once u get a little friendly with the locals,they open up and genuinely open up with warm hospitality! And Uzbekistan is very safe! We never once felt we need to be on our guard and you will be rewarded with extravagant sights like intrinsicly built Mosques and minarets,grand tombs,very unique public cemetery where people live above the deceased!

Comment

Great TR and a good insight to a lesser-known airline and country!!
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thanks for this exotic report.

Comment

Thank you all for the positive feedback and compliments.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Wonderful TR with stunning pics as usual, SQueeze! Glad you took the time to look out the window and take pics of the scenery below.
            I always do. Even on Long Hauls. Mẩy be only over the Pacific, I won't do. I was a really good geography student and I am always most interested in these - and identifying what I see.

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
            Great Flight Insight! It brings back fond memories of the trip I had to Tashkent,Bukhara & Samarkand in 2008 with my then Girlfriend and now Wife! It was the first of her "unusual" destination trip with me and her Father asked me 3 times is her Daughter Going to be safe there!

I strongly urge and encourage those who are curious about Central Asia,please make a visit! The experience that Squeeze had with the locals are not unusual. Service although is lacking but once u get a little friendly with the locals,they open up and genuinely open up with warm hospitality! And Uzbekistan is very safe! We never once felt we need to be on our guard and you will be rewarded with extravagant sights like intrinsicly built Mosques and minarets,grand tombs,very unique public cemetery where people live above the deceased!

It has always piqued my interest. And after this flight, I realise not only the monuments are interesting, the people themselves are a very curious mix (and very beautiful, and handsome!). I notice there are many Asian looking ones (Kazakh and Koreans), many Turkish-looking ones, and ethnic white Russians, and a whole range in between (mixed race) which make up the majority of the population. It's a truly melting pot, crossroad of Asia.

This country has moved up my list (but still behind Iran): Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva. I have been eyeing the Istanbul-Tashkent-Singapore flight in business class for S$1200. Stopover allowed.

Comment

Truly an exotic airport, one that I'll probably never visit on my own, thanks vy much for that terrific virtual journey

PS. Many former Warsaw Pact countries use the Il-76 both for military and commercial flights. The Western equivalent C-130 has a commercial L-100 but seems that these are restricted to charter cargo rather than commercial pax.

Comment

One point of interest,there are indeed many ethnic Koreans living in Uzbekistan and many of them are running restaurants and grocery stores. Korean food is as authentic and to a certain extent more traditional compared to modern Korea. And also a community of Italians & germans. Very delicious local delights include Lamp Plov,shashlik (a skewer of excellent beef is USD$1!) & tasty lagman! Do plan a visit!

Comment

Working...
                X