Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for weekend in Boston?

Hello everyone,

I may have a couple of free days over the weekend in Boston later this month. I have never been to Boston...does anyone have suggestions on what to eat / do?

Advice appreciated...thanks!

Gaga Seafood is OUTSTANDING…and one of my favorite Chinese restaurants (get the lobster). They're not very traditional as they have awesome waiters who smile and are super friendly.

Legal Crossing was a lot of fun because they have an early and late happy hour and RIDICULOUSLY reasonable wine prices. For an even better selection, see their sister location a couple blocks away inside one of the hotels (you'll have to call).

The Hyatt Regency in Downtown Boston is a nice hotel -- even with their triangular shaped suites and lack of lighting.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      They're not very traditional as they have awesome waiters who smile and are super friendly.
      That made me laugh

Comment

Gaga Seafood is OUTSTANDING…and one of my favorite Chinese restaurants (get the lobster). They're not very traditional as they have awesome waiters who smile and are super friendly.

Legal Crossing was a lot of fun because they have an early and late happy hour and RIDICULOUSLY reasonable wine prices. For an even better selection, see their sister location a couple blocks away inside one of the hotels (you'll have to call).

The Hyatt Regency in Downtown Boston is a nice hotel -- even with their triangular shaped suites and lack of lighting.
        Thanks for the suggestions, HUGE AL! I don't eat Chinese that often when travelling to the US, maybe one day in 4 or 5...will keep Gaga seafood in mind!

Will try to check out Legal Crossing too...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          That made me laugh

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Thanks for the suggestions, HUGE AL! I don't eat Chinese that often when travelling to the US, maybe one day in 4 or 5...will keep Gaga seafood in mind!
          It would be difficult to find lobster at a lower price.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Hello everyone,

I may have a couple of free days over the weekend in Boston later this month. I have never been to Boston...does anyone have suggestions on what to eat / do?

Advice appreciated...thanks!
            Just to clarify, are we talking Boston USA or Boston in the UK?

If its in the UK I wouldn't bother! ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              Just to clarify, are we talking Boston USA or Boston in the UK?

If its in the UK I wouldn't bother! ha ha
              Boston, Massachusetts!

Comment

Flying into Boston tonight from Heathrow.

Looks like there is a major snow storm brewing on the US East Coast, with many flight cancellations over the weekend from tomorrow (Sat Jan 23).

Flights from London to Boston today on BA (And over the weekend) look to be ok, but knowing how unpredictable the weather is, that may change fast. Fingers crossed.

Assuming I get there, anyone have suggestions on where to get a good lobster roll? Or are they all in deep freeze right now?

Comment

Looks like it's going to be quite a storm. Bring skis.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Looks like it's going to be quite a storm. Bring skis.
                    Well I brought my running shoes and PT kit. I may have been a bit optimistic...

Comment

Assuming I get there, anyone have suggestions on where to get a good lobster roll? Or are they all in deep freeze right now?
                      Any of the Legal restaurants have a nice one.

"Insane" might be the more appropriate word.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Looking at the weather map right now, you may actually get to use your running shoes ... in the hotel's gym. Having said that the storm isn't closing BOS, while it has done so for New York's airports. SQ26 seems to be cancelled.

I'm sure you'll find something interesting to do in that great city.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                          Looking at the weather map right now, you may actually get to use your running shoes ... in the hotel's gym. Having said that the storm isn't closing BOS, while it has done so for New York's airports. SQ26 seems to be cancelled.

I'm sure you'll find something interesting to do in that great city.
                          My flight into BOS last night was very smooth...no delays, and landed on a very clear night. The snow only started today, and got heavier from late afternoon into the evening. Nothing compared to the quantity that is falling on Washington and New York, of course!

Believe it or not, I did see at least one person running outside earlier today (Appropriately dressed of course). Not me, though!

Any of the Legal restaurants have a nice one.
                          Is there any difference between Legal Crossing and Legal Seafood? There is a branch of Legal Seafood near my hotel.

Comment

"Insane" might be the more appropriate word.
                            Headed out today for a run through Boston. Sunny day, with temperature at -4 degrees C...you can assess my mental state when I post the TR!

I was appropriately covered up in 3 layers of wam clothing though...
                            Last edited by yflyer; 25 January 2016, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Is there any difference between Legal Crossing and Legal Seafood? There is a branch of Legal Seafood near my hotel.
                              Not sure as I only went to Crossing. What did you find out?

Headed out today for a run through Boston. Sunny day, with temperature at -4 degrees C...you can assess my mental state when I post the TR!

I was appropriately covered up in 3 layers of wam clothing though...
                              Craziness! I did read that working out in temps below 65F yield a better burn.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X