Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQFG Samples Emirates..... and likes what she sees (MLE-CMB in F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great effort from our intrepid SQFG - thanks for sharing.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      DSLR? What's that? I'm just using a disposable film thingy which I buy for 5.95 per 36 exposures. I think
      OK Jokes aside, yes, ít's shot with a DSLR. I'm nowhere near as good as the SQTalk photography gurus like N_Architect, Haf or Phaleesy. Plus I'm sure there are many more much better than I am on SQTalk who just don't post pics.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Another great effort from our intrepid SQFG - thanks for sharing.
      Thanks

Originally posted by RHG View Post
      I like the dark nail polish. Thank you for posting the photos.
      Do you wear dark colours too? I find some nail discolouration if you have them on too long

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

Feet curled up in happiness? Excitement? Ecstasy?
        My thought is they are curled down, not up!
        Maybe she had just read some hairy story in the menu!

Comment

OK Jokes aside, yes, ít's shot with a DSLR. I'm nowhere near as good as the SQTalk photography gurus like N_Architect, Haf or Phaleesy. Plus I'm sure there are many more much better than I am on SQTalk who just don't post pics.
          I knew you were being sarcastic! After all, who was the one who started the thread titled How many DSLR users here? in the Small Talk section?
          Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            Maybe she had just read some hairy story in the menu!
            Astute observation my professor! But no hairy stories on the menu. I'm becoming quite a fan of EK (like you are of EY)

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
            I knew you were being sarcastic! After all, who was the one who started the thread titled How many DSLR users here? in the Small Talk section?
            Oops! busted

Comment

Awesome trip and TR....
              Now I must go to MLE or die....

Thanks for the magnificent TR, SQFG....

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                Astute observation my professor!
                No wonder DFP is a professor and I'm not!

Comment

Thank You for an amazing report
                  I loved the views of MLE and dam i gotta try EK soon
                  Was supposed to go to MLE last month but due to somes supertitious reasons,the trip got canceled

Comment

Really enjoyed this one. I first flew EK in 1994 and was amazed to find foot rests in Y! Ah the days of being in the UAE before the boom...

Good work... and not that this needed an explanation, but that red can in the minibar says Coca Cola in Arabic... although it's spelled more like Ko Ka Ko La...
                    blog

Comment

I've used to like EK. Nice Airline, decent service, good IFEs which compares well against SQ. ICE is especially good, even better than SQ IMO, and they have always been innovative. But that's the good.

The bad IMO, is that they seem to be always late (DXB seems to have a big jam all the time), they loses luggage all the time and their ground handling for non premium customers leave much to be desired.

I don't have facts and figures, but I took 4 sectors with them, and we lost 1 luggage. My friend took also 4 sector with them (on my recommendation) and also lost 1 luggage...

Anyhow, I have sworn off EK forever. Especially after their CDG ground crew was rude (downright racist) to my then girlfriend, now Mrs, and their DXB ground crew was rude, inflexible to both of us.
                      Life's A Bitch,
                      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Thanks SQFG.
                        Would like to try EK's A380 F some time soon, and have that mile high bathing experience.
                        F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                          Thanks SQFG.
                          Would like to try EK's A380 F some time soon, and have that mile high bathing experience.
                          Just make sure EK doesn't run out of water, otherwise it'd be a soapy and slippery experience!

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                          i find hardware wise, EK's ICE, seat & massage functions, mini-bar, LED lighting along divider, etc - all these little details, puts it slightly ahead of the og so pragmatic so functional SQ F. Svc wise, i had a fantastic Korean lady helping me on that flight and i think she's as impeccable as any SQ Girl. So, agree with you, EK is in the running, and if SQ's the benchmark, EK's almost nose-to-nose.
                          How could THE Golden Goose be nose-to-nose with a mere generic free-range goose?!

I don't buy into the concept about free-to-run, corn-fed poultry, etc. Likewise, I don't find myself impressed with gimmicks like a mini-bar (if one is flying F, there should be enough FAs around, why do I need to open my own fridge to hunt for drinks?!), showers (I like a proper high pressured hot shower or long bath with a nice book), camera thingie (I've seen that on quite a few flights in the last two years, is it that a big deal really?), etc. I like a hard massage - those in-seat massage functions are plain pathetic attempts.

I'd take the pragmatic and functional if it's a direct and more conveniently timed flight. A nice flat bed, decent food, drinks and service is all I need. Power sockets for various gadgets great! I spend my in-flight times eating, reading, daydreaming and sleeping. So I don't think I'd be missing out on these gimmicks anyway.

Perhaps SQ's target audience is different from EK's. I've noticed that most business travellers eat, work and sleep only on flights. They would also want the most direct route to their destinations. Transiting through DXB can be painful. Would these gimmicks tip the scale in favour of convenience and direct flights?

Either SQfg is v lucky to fly on a decent plane or I was unlucky to fly on one of their older aircraft. Sorry I don't notice what planes I'm flying on but the aircraft used for my EK flights were not that great. The a/c on one of the flights did not seem to work too well. On another flight, they ran out of meal choices when they got to me in J. So it was just X (you either take it or you go hungry), and the FA just plonked the plate on my tray-table. The dish was yucky, worse than any Y meals I've eaten.

The FAs seem so harried for no reason. They also seem to have problems communicating amongst themselves. A language barrier due to their multinationality? On a CMB-SIN flight, I could even hear them snapping at one another before the flight in the front part of the plane (don't know plane terminology, sorry) just before the curtains to the J section. Basically, I find the crew so multinational that there does not seem to be a consistent corporate identity at all. Maybe it's harder for them to work as a team due to language/cultural differences.

I don't particularly like SQ compared to the other Asian carriers but SQ is always very consistent. SQ FAs seem to have a SOP which they follow through for each flight, so it's comforting and reassuring. Unlike EK, where the FAs run around looking hassled and clueless...

Comment

Thanks for sharing - very interesting report I'm, too confused with the number of configs EK has. Is this their new-ish F or old(er) F? IIRC the last time I flew KUL-DXB on the 773 the seats were different (or was that a 77W, couldn't remember.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                              Awesome trip and TR....
                              Now I must go to MLE or die..
                              It's nice, but I don't think worth dying for

No wonder DFP is a professor and I'm not!
                              Same here. I always wish i was smarter. Then I wouldn't be wasting money flying all over the place for fun.

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                              Thank You for an amazing report
                              I loved the views of MLE and dam i gotta try EK soon
                              Was supposed to go to MLE last month but due to somes supertitious reasons,the trip got canceled
                              Thanks. Wow must be pretty strong feelings to cancel a nice trip like that though

Originally posted by haf View Post
                              I first flew EK in 1994 and was amazed to find foot rests in Y! Ah the days of being in the UAE before the boom...
                              I didn't think they existed then did they?

Originally posted by inix View Post
                              Anyhow, I have sworn off EK forever. Especially after their CDG ground crew was rude (downright racist) to my then girlfriend, now Mrs, and their DXB ground crew was rude, inflexible to both of us.
                              That's unacceptable from their part. I don't know how you took it, but i think i'm too timid to have reacted - besides, if I had a penny for every airline that might have once treated me badly, I'd be rich.

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                              Thanks SQFG.
                              Now this experience has got me piqued. Some gears (rusty ones I might add) have been turning in my head to try and figure this out. Stay tuned

Just make sure EK doesn't run out of water, otherwise it'd be a soapy and slippery experience!
                              That's ok. A colleague of mine has a friend who once went to the loo about 1/2 before landing and the whole thingamajig somehow malfunctioned and the crap from the entire plane (not just his alone) came flying back out through the bowl at high pressure and onto him. He was asked by the crew to stay there during the landing, until all pax disembarked and was then hosed down afterwards. I think he sued, but dunno the outcome though.

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              Thanks for sharing - very interesting report I'm, too confused with the number of configs EK has. Is this their new-ish F or old(er) F? IIRC the last time I flew KUL-DXB on the 773 the seats were different (or was that a 77W, couldn't remember.)
                              I think it's kinda newish- not quite the closed door suites type though.

Comment

That's ok. A colleague of mine has a friend who once went to the loo about 1/2 before landing and the whole thingamajig somehow malfunctioned and the crap from the entire plane (not just his alone) came flying back out through the bowl at high pressure and onto him. He was asked by the crew to stay there during the landing, until all pax disembarked and was then hosed down afterwards. I think he sued, but dunno the outcome though.
                                True? Or urban legend...?

Comment

Working...
                                X