Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing delays delivery of 787 aircraft until next year

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:54 AM.

Deleted
    Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

They might as well name the 787 the 7 Late(L8) 7 The number 8 is an auspicious number in the Asian community, but it seems otherwise in the aviation world going by the delays in the A380, B748 and B787.

Comment

I wonder if it would have been better if Boeing had just gave themselves more time at the start instead of announcing an early first delivery date and finding themselves unable to stick to it, plus now having to compensate airlines.

Comment

Boeing again delays 787 delivery, this time until 3Q

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...87-delay_N.htm
            HUGE AL

Comment

I can't remember where it was but last week I saw a rather amusing pie-chart of the 787 showing what percentage was 'Dream' and what percentage was 'Liner'.

Comment

I seriously miss tradesports.com. Totally would have put a bet out there! If anyone knows of a reputable "wagering anything" site, let me know!
                HUGE AL

Comment

A recent article about the massive problems Boeing face:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...tml?cmpid=2727

Comment

I wonder how does ANA stay so patient?

Comment

By now, they probably got a few 787s for free as compensation whenever they're delivered!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        By now, they probably got a few 787s for free as compensation whenever they're delivered!
                        I think they got a few new 767s to cover for the delay, maybe they got those free, so they won't turn to the A330 (like SQ!)

Comment

NH to get first 787 in late July, JL, AI and CZ to follow in 2011

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl...in-late-j.html

With the latest iteration of its 787 schedule, Boeing aims to hand over the first aircraft to Japan's All Nippon Airways in late July, the first of 20 planned for delivery in 2011, according to several sources familiar with the new plan.

Several sources familiar with Z23, the latest 787 delivery plan, say Airplane Eight - also known as ZA101 - the second production 787, will be the first 787 to be delivered and will feature a two-class medium to short-haul configuration for the Japanese carrier.

ANA will receive its first long-range configured 787, Airplane 24, in August, which will sport an increased maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) of 502,500lbs (227,930kg) for recovered payload range performance. All aircraft after line number 20 have the MTOW.

Comment

OK - time to plan a jaunt on this new bird. Anyone know where NH is gonna use it?

Comment

From various news articles quoting NH, its going be be based in HND with the 1st flights to be domestic. I'm guessing HND-ITM to start.

1st long-haul is most likely to be Europe due to Japanese ETOPS restrictions where they are limited to ETOPS60 for the 1st year

Comment

Working...
                              X