SQ / LH extended partnership chaos again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ / LH extended partnership chaos again

Just facing another example of the widely announced "improved SQ / LH cooperation" not working in small details.

Long distance flight from Germany with the connecting flights TXL-MUC operated by LH but on SQ codeshare on the ticket. No LH can't confirm any sports baggage on the flight, saying ithas an SQ number, so not their flight, I need to contact SQ.
    At the same time of course SQ saying, this is operated by LH, so not our flight and unable to confirm baggage, please contact LH.

Grrr, they're driving me crazy.... Wish I didn't have to involve LH anymore on my flights.

Originally posted by mst View Post
    Grrr, they're driving me crazy.... Wish I didn't have to involve LH anymore on my flights.
    I understand. Both LH and SQ are sticklers for the rules and like to enforce them, which I think is a good thing often as it's fair, but SQ differs in that they understand this concept called "customer service". LH have quite an attitude problem. Their primary aim is to work out why it is that they don't have to help you. Clearly it's their flight and clearly it's their responsibility because luggage policies are applied by the operating airline usually.

Can you even do OLCI? The last time I flew one of these itineraries I couldn't even check in until the airport because the LH flight prevented me from doing so with SQ. Couldn't even do seat selection. Same story again.

Comment

Correct, LH's only approach to "customer service" is intense training in "how to I get rid of that customer bothering me as quick as possible". SQ is miles beyond that, but of course they can't access LH's systems.
      In fact I think it's a simple software bug where the LH algorith only auto-confirms baggage on flight numbers in the LHxxxx format. But nobody even considers that option.

OLCI? Usually I get a "can't do, because your first flight is operated by 3rd party carrier". But I do reserve my SQ seats on their website and my LH seats on theirs. No problem doing so.

Things can get even more complex if you include a third airline, like our connecting flight on Virgin Australia. Because they're an SQ partner, but not a LH one, they couldn't check through our baggage on the way back.

Comment

My general rule of thumb is if I can't get answers straight then I go straight to the person I'm paying $$$ to. If it's an SQ invoice ultimately they have to answer your queries and pushing responsibility aside is not fair to the customer. If they don't have an answer then they need to work things out internally, enquire and then get back to you within a reasonable timeframe and work things out with their partners.

My take is the logo on the invoice needs to be responsible at the end of the day as you can't take people's money and then cite its other companies' problem.

Comment

Checked-In at MUC recently for a connecting flight to FRA. Luggage no issue to label thru. Boarding Pass for the FRA-SIN couldn't be issued.

I'am just surprised that after so many years, they didn't manage to harmonize their IT systems (my first flight on an LH/SQ combination dates back to end 90s).

Comment

Working...
          X