Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[KUL main terminal] MH J regional (Rimbun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Beautiful pictures I was just there and I was very impressed with the lounge. It was much better than the Thai lounge I went to in Bangkok...and sooooooo much better than the SAS lounge in Stockholm. I took some pictures too but I think the pictures that are posted here already covers most of the details :-)
    Regards
    Gard
    http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I love the design on the wall behind the counter. Maybe I'll paint it on my wall!

Comment

I am not at the Rimbun and must say that it is really much more impressive than the one for SQ and TG (who can blame MH for not performing at its home base).

Comment

Just to share an old write up of mine when conducting 'internal audit' of the Regional Rimba Golden Lounge at KUL, for the very first time.

EPISODE 28 – RIMBUN ACQUINTANCES [PART 1]

Date: 29 September 2008
          Place: Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia

It's all started in this thread http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...showtopic=8871, which got all MH fan jumping out of their seat in excitement. During the first few months of operation, the lounge received rave reviews from top airline and aviation forums worldwide. SQTalk forumers raised eyebrows about the new gem in KUL, which incidentally made its debut at around the same time SQ introduced their flagship new lounge in SIN's Terminal 3 and one of the most respected trip reporter in Airliners.Net describe it as "promising".

On 29 September 2008, I got the opportunity to experience the lounge for the first time.

The trip started at midnight on 28 September 2008 inside a KLIA Transit train, full of ghosts going to the airport.

I was just arrived from Suvarnabhumi International and had to rush to the ERL Station in Bandar Tasik Selatan for an important meeting. Once concluded, I returned back to KUL on one of the last train operated on that day.

My next destination was Soekarno-Hatta International the next morning. Why do I need to go to Jakarta right after arriving from Bangkok when Hari Raya Aidilfitri is just around the corner? Well, the answer is because I don’t want a 0 Fare ticket that I purchased about 4 months earlier on went forfeited and being part of this thread http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/...showtopic=9498

I have lost memory on what I did between 00:00 and 05:30 on 29 September 2008. Strangely, I can't remember in which part of the airport where I spent my sleepless night and what I did in the mean time - usually I do.

My memory went straight to the point when I checked-in, where I did it in style at Island D.
          I made my way to the first security checkpoint in KUL…

… before made my way to the escalator, which leads to the Regional Golden Lounge, which is located in the middle of the Main Terminal Building international departure hall.

From my reading, the Regional Golden Lounge was introduced to provide MH's premium travelers on the carrier's regional flights a lounge, which is located inside the international departure area of the Main Terminal Building, where the majority of regional flights were assigned to. Prior to the opening of this lounge, all travelers were assigned to the Golden Lounge at the Satellite Terminal, which I think was a bit troublesome as it required one to travel back and forth on quite a distance with the aerotrain to catch the departing flight at the Gates in the Main Terminal Building.

At 05:57, I was greeted very warmly by a tudung clad receptionist and was welcome into the lounge with an infectiously long smile.

My first impression of the lounge was WOW! It was stylish and has a character, Rimba (Jungle) was chosen as the theme of the décor, which celebrates Malaysia's richness in rainforest flora.

Upon entering the lounge, one will be greeted with some kind of fairytaley hanging ornaments, which I am not sure a symbolism of what, probably the falling leaves in the rainforest?

A few steps further, one will come to a vast intersection into a few major parts of the lounge, which will be explained in detailed as follows:

MAIN SEATING AREA

The first area is the main seating area with sofa and couch fit for royalty, nicely placed on a heightened glassy platform.

A smoking room is available at the furthest side of this area.

THE SECOND SEATING AREA

The second seating area comes with a restaurant style seating material in the middle arrangement…

… and a line up of comfortably padded stools (2 of which come with a set of computer each) which faced the open wide apron of the Main Terminal Building,

… which is located behind a pair of blinds made of swirly tree roots.

Comment

THE BUFFET AREA

Probably the epicenter inside the lounge, this area is clearly marked by a towering ornament, which looks like a palm tree, as its centerpiece.

To the left of the ornament is where the bar area in located…

… while to the right is the line up of the delicious meals buffet, which stopped with a noodle bar, all waiting to be savoured…

… before a drink station.

On the opposite side of the buffet line up is where the main dining area could be located.

Since I was among the first visitor into the lounge on that day, I had the privilege to officiate all the meals being offered on that day. It was simply an exciting gastronomic experience to say the least, having to sample everything when they were all still hot from their respective woks and ovens. The catering inside the lounge was good.

SANTAI SPA

This is a feature that was never being offered even at the Golden Lounge in the Satellite Terminal before. Santai Spa is located right behind the lounge's noodle bar on a pathway leading to the shower rooms.

I found it a very nice touch that the Spa is opened at 06:00 in the morning! At the time of my visit, the Spa's receptionist was busy preparing her outlet inside, leaving the main entrance unmanned. Well, not that many potential customers to lure from anyway.

What treatment provided by this Spa? Well, here is the Menu.

There are 5 selections of different massages and 5 beauty regime treatments to choose from. Quite a selection, isn't it? If I am not mistaken, the shortest treatment will consume 30 minutes of a traveler's time to conclude. And not to forget, this is the only part inside the entire lounge which requires travelers to pay for the service.

THE MUSLIM PRAYER ROOM

My next stop was the men's prayer room, which is located beside the Spa, near the main dining area.

The prayer area is a cylinder shaped room nicely decorated with a good lighting. Praying mats, pelikats and some Al Qurans, hangers and clothes' hook are provided too.

The praying room comes together with an adjoining ablution point, which is set against the same dark brown mosaics as in the shower rooms. It looks like this earthy colour was used extensively in the décor.

While the interior was nice, the round-shaped praying area is quite uncommon and it is actually not quite practical in space utilization, as it limits the number of people who can pray together at one time.

Comment

THE SHOWER ROOM

Since I was awake the whole night, the one place that I needed to visit the most was the shower room, to freshen up. I was very sticky at that time.

The shower room is located at the furthest part inside the lounge and there are 8 (or are they 6?) showers inside the room.

Upon stepped in, one will get a feel of being inside a 5 star hotel public toilet – spacious with rather overwhelming amenities/decor. Each shower is located inside a room with a toilet bowl and a dressing table, and the showers are screened.

I seldom snap toilet photographs (you can find almost none in all my trip reports so far) but for this one, I had to make an excuse. While there is nothing interesting about the toilet bowl…

… the dressing table was stocked with some basic amenities like a toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, razor, aftershave, fresh towels, moisturizing cream and a liquid soap, the last two being of Aigner.

Inside the screen, the shower hose used is quite big and nice but I thought wouldn't it be great if they install a rain shower too? Dark brown mosaics adorn the wall inside the shower screen.

I spent about 15 minutes inside the shower room before continuing on my discovery.

THE CHILD PLAY AREA

After finished with my pre dawn prayer, I continued on to the room next door, which is also identical in shape – a cylinder room, but this one acts as the child play area.

Unlike the other 2 Golden Lounges in KUL (the Domestic Golden Lounge and the Satellite Golden Lounge), Steadler is not sponsoring the child area in this lounge. The cute usual suspects and toys here are not as many as those in the 2 mentioned lounges, but I think it is still sufficient. Papa and mummy can still catch up with the happenings in the world via the LCD screen provided there while the young ones busy sharpen their creativity.

THE LACTATION ROOM

Behind the child play area, there is a room especially provided for travelers with babies. As I pushed the swirly root doorknob (identical to the one at the praying room)…

… I was greeted by a sweet Johnson & Johnson baby powder aroma, although there is no one inside. This room is equipped with diaper changing facilities, a lot of diapers (of course!), a baby cradle and some basic baby preparation (?) thingy.

Comment

THE BUSINESS CENTER

Since I started working, there has been a few occasions where I only spent my ENTIRE time inside a particular Golden Lounge solely inside the Business Center. So a good Business Center is actually a big deal for me. The Business Center inside this Rimba lounge is located behind the main dining area and it is a glass walled room.

Again, dark brown seems dominant here. There are a few sections inside the Business Center namely:

i. The receptionist area/table, who were supposed to be there to assist business travelers (but there was none manning during my visit).

ii. The workstation with personal computers. There are 4 workstations offered.

iii. The meeting/discussion area, which in my opinion is a huge letdown. Just look at the seat's arrangement… even the goody two shoes me is dissatisfied with it, let alone my fierce boss.

iv. And last but certainly not least (as it made appearance in ALL Golden Lounges as far as my memory served me), the Temptation Gallery area, which in my opinion is a huge waste of space inside the Business Center. It is better the area where the cabinet and showcase tables occupy are replaced with a proper working station area or a proper meeting/discussion table.

And as always, a facsimile machine and a photocopier are at one's disposal. The photocopier in this lounge is password protected (the password is '737330' – taken from MH's most common fleet, as I was told).

THE MAIN DINING AREA

I spent my last few moments at the lounge sitting at the main dining area while having my last few bites of the meals offered on that day.

Oh by the way, this is a snapshot of the Noodle Bar.

At 08:40, after more than 2.5 hours inside the lounge, boarding announcement for my flight was finally being made and so it was time to go.

As I exited the main door, I was again being greeted very warmly by the receptionist who wished me a pleasant journey ahead. Here is she in action.

My next destination was Gate C17. "But isn't that in the Satellite Terminal? What am I doing here in the Main Terminal Building?"

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                  THE LACTATION ROOM

Behind the child play area, there is a room especially provided for travelers with babies. As I pushed the swirly root doorknob (identical to the one at the praying room)…
                  ... you were lucky not to be arrested if there was anybody lactating inside!

Comment

Oh come on, Malaysia is not Saudi Arabia.

Plus, I knocked first.

Comment

I seldom snap toilet photographs (you can find almost none in all my trip reports so far) but for this one, I had to make an excuse. While there is nothing interesting about the toilet bowl…
                      You mean you didn't compare the paper there to the paper in (e.g.) the FRA FCT, the SIN T3 SKL F and other lounges ?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...04&postcount=9

Comment

I've always enjoyed your lounge reports, and this is no exception

Just to be clear (I'm no expert when it comes to MH lounges), all International J pax can use this Rimbun lounge + the Golden Lounge in the satellite, regardless of the boarding terminal? Do Enrich Gold pax get this privilege too?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          You mean you didn't compare the paper there to the paper in (e.g.) the FRA FCT, the SIN T3 SKL F and other lounges ?
                          LOL! Not achieving that level yet.

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          I've always enjoyed your lounge reports, and this is no exception

Just to be clear (I'm no expert when it comes to MH lounges), all International J pax can use this Rimbun lounge + the Golden Lounge in the satellite, regardless of the boarding terminal? Do Enrich Gold pax get this privilege too?
                          Thanks twin. I actually posted this one after you mentioned in the other thread that you haven't been inside this lounge before. I am a very caring twin you see...

From my experience, all J pax can use this lounge regardless of the boarding terminal. Just told the lounge dragon that you prefer to use this lounge, it's beautiful, you look lovely today etc etc.

Of course Enrich Gold members can enter this lounge and all Golden Lounges worldwide even if you are flying in whY. Heck even Enrich Silver members who enrolled with the Golden Lounge Priviledge Program (that's me then) can enter all Golden Lounge worldwide even if flying in whY.

Jessica can double confirm.
                          Last edited by SliverKris; 14 January 2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks twin. I actually posted this one after you mentioned in the other thread that you haven't been inside this lounge before. I am a very caring twin you see...
                            Why I'm so honored I shall have a look at this lounge after coming back from Europe

From my experience, all J pax can use this lounge regardless of the boarding terminal. Just told the lounge dragon that you prefer to use this lounge, it's beautiful, you look lovely today etc etc.

Of course Enrich Gold members can enter this lounge and all Golden Lounges worldwide even if you are flying in whY. Heck even Enrich Silver members who enrolled with the Golden Lounge Priviledge Program (that's me then) can enter all Golden Lounge worldwide even if flying in whY.
                            Well I must say that's rather generous of MH, unlike a certain *A airline 185 miles to the south. *Grumbles about the T2 SATS lounge*

Comment

Well, MH has much less J and F pax when compared to that certain *A airline 185 miles to the south. If MH acting stingy like that certain *A airline 185 miles to the south, chances are all Golden Lounges will be collecting dust.

Comment

Spoke to Jessica earlier. She says any j or f pax can use this lounge even if departing from satellite terminal. They'll tell you at the entrance that your gate is a c gate if that is the case but you just have to tell them you want to use this one and they'll let you through without fuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X