SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Other Airlines > Other Airlines

Old 26th July 2007, 05:06 PM   #46
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Location: Officially KeithSYD but can't be bothered to change my handle

Seats not on the A380 haven't been changed - they just come with new fabrics and carpets now.
Old 27th July 2007, 03:10 PM   #47
zhiw3n
SQTalk Elite Silver

I'll be looking keenly on the prices for the Premium Economy once they are published. May come in very handy for my MEL-SIN flights when the long haul fleet is refurbished!

Prices for return tickets MEL-SIN on SQ Y is currently approximately 20+% higher than that of Qantas currently. Say for example, if Qantas Y+ is about also about 20% more expensive than their Y, it'll definitely be more worthwhile to take Qantas Y+! The wider seats and extra legroom will come in very handy for the 7hr+ flight. Competition is certainly heating up here at down under!
zhiw3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 12:09 AM   #48
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724153

Detailed video presentation of the new products.
Old 12th August 2007, 12:23 AM   #49
jjpb3
SQTalk Founder

Aside from the misspellings, that's a very nicely-done video. Let's hope all those electronic controls don't result in implementation hiccups similar to what the AVOD system has experienced.

I can be wooed to QF for my LHR-SIN flights by the promise of the new Premium Economy offering. I guess SQ has until end 2008 (after the launch of the QF A380 products) to convince me that my disloyalty is misguided.
jjpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 12:34 AM   #50
KeithMEL
SQTalk Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpb3 View Post
Aside from the misspellings, that's a very nicely-done video. Let's hope all those electronic controls don't result in implementation hiccups similar to what the AVOD system has experienced.
I hope they'd have learnt from experience and AVOiD those hiccups (and Rockwell Collins IFE systems).

QF Premium Economy launches on LHR and JNB 744 services from Feb 2008 so SQ has even less time to wow you back from any disloyalty.

Last edited by KeithMEL; 12th August 2007 at 12:37 AM..
KeithMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2007, 12:42 AM   #51
jjpb3
SQTalk Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithMEL View Post
QF Premium Economy launches on LHR and JNB 744 services from Feb 2008 so SQ has even less time to wow you back from any disloyalty.
Uh oh.

SQ has more time than might be indicated, though, because I'm the type of consumer who waits for reviews to come in and kinks to be ironed out before trying a new product.
jjpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 02:39 AM   #52
flyboy777
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqforever View Post
Wonder how SQ's A380 is gonna counter this one? Can't wait to see the pics-the new F sounds like a pretty nice departure from the current QF first . QF first was good, but not exactly class-leading. A little OT- but kudos to SQflyergirl for helping me work out the kinks and activate my account!
I don't think you can 'counter' a move like this. Everyones been sorting out a delicious range of new features for the A380, & SQ was one of the first to show their hand.

I think they've done the obvious. Made first a little bigger & put flat beds in business. Sensible. Premium Economy should help close the gap between business & economy, especially with J class fares going up & up due to more & more space consuming configs. Good job Qantas
flyboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote