• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
    Smell from the lavs?
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Noisy galley?
    I would go for both off the above and for seat 11A on A380 add crying baby, noise and light when trying to sleep from people going to the toilet.

Comment

9V-SIA, for me it's irritating in 14A on the 77W as the table is at an angle... Or is there a way of straightening it out??
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        I thought they were the same till this flight.

14A

Bottle of 7UP to whoever tells me what problem I had in 14A...
        It could be the noise and bright lights from the galley? Perhaps the smell from the lavatories...
        but maybe because allowance for the bassinet results in the IFE screen being at much higher than eye-level. This would place an unnecessary strain on the neck and eyes, detracting from the pleasure of enjoying the IFE. --- correct?

Comment

My guess is some wonky hinge on the table or on the footrest.

Or a malfunctioning light switch.

I'll stop now, as I'm really not into 7Up anyways.

9V-SIA, you're an inveterate tease.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 28 July 2010, 06:08 AM.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Noisy galley?
            Not on this flight..

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
            Smell from the lavs?
            One time I caught a whiff.

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
            ...add crying baby, noise and light when trying to sleep from people going to the toilet.
            All complaints I've heard associated with 14A, but none of them bothered me

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
            9V-SIA, for me it's irritating in 14A on the 77W as the table is at an angle... Or is there a way of straightening it out??
            Good point.

The table opens out at an angle, but straightens out by swiveling, on 77W.

You mean put a A345 type seat and fill the gap between seat and window with A380/744 upper deck style storage cabinet?

Originally posted by Datex Ohmeda View Post
            It could be the noise and bright lights from the galley? Perhaps the smell from the lavatories...
            but maybe because allowance for the bassinet results in the IFE screen being at much higher than eye-level. This would place an unnecessary strain on the neck and eyes, detracting from the pleasure of enjoying the IFE. --- correct?
            Well spotted!!!

The screen is higher because of the mounting points for the bassinet!

More comfortable viewing when you are lying down to watch your movies ( definitely strain on my neck )

In fact, if you take a picture of the Main Cabin, you see this line of seat backs and at the front, jutting out, the bassinet screens.

But it's not what I was looking for

Answers tonight. Krug for those above the legal age who get it? 9V-JKL, give it a shot

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

I'll stop now, as I'm really not into 7Up anyways.
            I actually wrote Krug at first till I remembered little Maxie773

9V-SIA, you're an inveterate tease.
            But I just woke up!?
            Last edited by 9V-SIA; 28 July 2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

They eventually took him off the life support machine....
              Haha... sorry. But I am the one who normally pulls the plug on that machine. At least, I used to.

Please take a picture and post here, for comparison with mine.
              My last Nasi Lemak - ex SIN in C. I totally forgot to take a pic (not my usual habit) until I had dug in. So here is possibly the most disgusting pic of that wonderful Nasi.

BTW, thanks for all those wonderfully taken pics of the best seats in the 3 aircrafts.

Comment

9V-SIA, veery nice looking plate of chai tow kuay (fried radish cake) with plenty of chai por (dried white radish). Makes my mouth water. The stupid person in me tells me to buy a J Class ticket to EWR just to savour what you have had this weekend. I always liked the local delights on the flight i.e. the breakfast items.

Anyone keen to do a SQTalk Breakfast LD?

Comment

The best pictures of the irritation Pinkfloyd is describing is found in UMD's really excellent TR here:

SIN-ICN-SFO; SQ16 New C Class

Summarized here..

Originally posted by UMD View Post

Table is big and can swivel to dine sideway or facing the huge monitor. It is also height adjustable.

Doesn't bother me. In fact, you can go to the little boys room by "the swivel".

"The Swivel " If I'm sounding like Jerry Seinfeld, I'm a big fan of his!!

UMD, I'm so happy you got your pictures back up
                  Last edited by 9V-SIA; 19 February 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

9V-JKL, give it a shot
                    Wah.....arm-twisting.....
                    In recent times I'm a bit more familiar with NH's 77Ws than SQ's 77Ws

I don't like traveling alone because travel should be a shared experience.
                    You did not have a neighbour

Comment

Oh I know.... row 14's overhead bins are usually taken up by equipment. You have to use row 15

Comment

The best pictures of the irritation Pinkfloyd is describing is found in UMD's really excellent TR here:
                        Arrr... I must have had a dodgy seat then. I was in a 77W FRA-SIN just over a month ago and was in 14K. The table did not swivel like as shown in the photo and when I asked one of the CC about this she just gave me an "I don't know" sort of look! Spent the whole time eating with the table at an angle.
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                          9V-SIA, veery nice looking plate of chai tow kuay (fried radish cake) with plenty of chai por (dried white radish). Makes my mouth water. The stupid person in me tells me to buy a J Class ticket to EWR just to savour what you have had this weekend. I always liked the local delights on the flight i.e. the breakfast items.
                          Never saw it on menu again..

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          Wah.....arm-twisting.....
                          In recent times I'm a bit more familiar with NH's 77Ws than SQ's 77Ws
                          You tried "Inspiration of Japan" 77W yet? On my to-do list.. SIN-NRT-JFK

You did not have a neighbour
                          14A no neighbour. 14DF missing.

In fact it feels very claustrophobic. Not as bad as 11AK on A380 because at least you have 3 windows..

The Answer

And the answer is.. the bassinet anchors raise the power points/screen in 14A so my LX3 charger ( take note 9V-JKL ) is dangling in the air.

My first solution was to put the pillow there to give my charger "platform shoes"

But eventually this was the better solution because I wanted to use the pillow

Favourite Seat then..

Window..

Mini cabin row 11

Row 12 OK although missing one window

Main Cabin

As far back as possible. The further back, the quieter because pax move forward to the loos.

Back is Y cabin curtained off

Not row 14/15, unless you need bassinet

JMHO

Comment

Lunch

I have many pictures of the Caspian Sea! Seems I'm always eating around here..

The Lunch Menu

What's it look like below? .... I'm glad I'm flying 35000ft above that

Satay

How are you supposed to eat this?

Take a bite of satay..

Use the stick to spike the cucumber or onion?

The spikes may not be sharp enough for hard cucumber or onion. I've broken sticks before trying.

Then the sauce? Dip the satay in the sauce or pour it on?

If you take 2 bites to finish the satay, if you're "dipper", can't get sauce onto 2nd bite.

The tip of stick prevents sauce coating the meat on middle part of stick.

Because if you dip, only the top half of the satay is covered.

I still prefer presentation on 744...

Prawns and artichoke salad

BTC Chicken Rice

I wish it were dark meat and not white. But it wasn't bad. Tender & moist..

Better than ex-SFO. There they don't even give you the proper black sauce.

I took it neat. No chilli, black sauce or ginger

After nasi lemak for breakfast, I didn't want to push my luck..

Chocolate poire william gateau

Sorry but that's all I could eat!

After lunch, I went to sleep because pre flight, I had 2 sleepless nights due to events in South Africa (ie watching the semi finals )
                            Last edited by 9V-SIA; 29 July 2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

My word those last pictures are truly mouth-watering!

Comment

The Answer

And the answer is.. the bassinet anchors raise the power points/screen in 14A so my LX3 charger ( take note 9V-JKL ) is dangling in the air.
                                Hilarious!

You tried "Inspiration of Japan" 77W yet? On my to-do list.. SIN-NRT-JFK
                                No, my schedule can't fit it....yet... when I do, I'll write a TR on it

Comment

Working...
                                X