No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TR please! Next year will likely be a crazily busy year for me - pretty much grounded until year end.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
      TR please! Next year will likely be a crazily busy year for me - pretty much grounded until year end.
      Oops.. This was supposed to be a long trip report. I guess I had too much GT when creating this thread.
      Thanks!

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      SQ's new A333 will fly to KUL and JKT first before any other regional routes.
      My dear, the training flights are completely different experience compare to the actual inaugural flight! Been there - done that!

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
        Yes I'm booked on the inaugural flights both ways SIN-BNE and BNE-SIN, but might stay in BNE a couple days as I've never been to BNE.
        I would suggest you stay in BNE for a couple of days. After all, a turn around would not be a cup of tea of every one. Join us for SIN-BNE, since that's the most likely I would do if I am having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          SQ LPP, looking forward to the TR. Photos please!
          My sincerest apology! Torn between your visits to YVR end of March, and this first flight. Hope both of you would understand. Too much love for SQ!

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Tried redeeming a Business Saver and was able to. But But.... March 30th is too far away for me to make a concrete decision to go....

Try again when I can confirm my schedule come nearer date....
            Hope you can make it!
            I know it's still far away in advance, but ...
            It is amazing that award seats are available for these flights using Star Alliance FFP miles.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
              Good luck, SQ LPP, hope you make it !

Iangoodwin is on the first flight SIN-BNE SQ245 too - get in touch with him ?

I think this calls for a SIN DO the day before SQ245 (ie 29 Mar 09).
              Hope you can make it too!
              I hope it's a typo. SQ255.
              Yes certainly will check the other site for first to fly.
              And hope will be able to join any festivities in the evening of 29th of March in Singapore.

Comment

"The first of 19 new A330-300s will be delivered to Singapore Airlines by Airbus in mid-January. Initially, the aircraft will be used to complete pilot conversion, and thereafter, operate some short sectors between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore and Jakarta, during late February and March."
                Technically when the first n few A330s begins revenue pax service even between SIN-KUL and JKT, these are not "test" flights anymore as revenue pax are onboard. Although SQ chooses to make the first "inaugural official" route to be between Singapore and Brisbane.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  Hope you can make it too!
                  I hope it's a typo. SQ255.
                  Yes certainly will check the other site for first to fly.
                  And hope will be able to join any festivities in the evening of 29th of March in Singapore.
                  Yes, it's a typo, of course.
                  I would have loved to join you guys, but I'm travelling that same night (to Paris for our tenth anniversary/second honeymoon !).

Yes, the 29 Mar pre-flight DO will be a MUST do event !
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    "The first of 19 new A330-300s will be delivered to Singapore Airlines by Airbus in mid-January. Initially, the aircraft will be used to complete pilot conversion, and thereafter, operate some short sectors between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore and Jakarta, during late February and March."
                    Technically when the first n few A330s begins revenue pax service even between SIN-KUL and JKT, these are not "test" flights anymore as revenue pax are onboard. Although SQ chooses to make the first "inaugural official" route to be between Singapore and Brisbane.
                    For me, the official inaugural is what matters. Thinking like this, A330 purpose is to replace the 777 for medium haul. And SIN-BNE is a medium haul. And it's 25th year anniversary of SQ serving BNE. Isn't it something?

And by the way, A345 was running between SIN and CGK prior to inaugural the ultra long haul to LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                      ..., but I'm travelling that same night (to Paris for our tenth anniversary/second honeymoon !).

Yes, the 29 Mar pre-flight DO will be a MUST do event !
                      Congratulations in advance for the 10th anniversary.
                      Let me know what you think about the evening of 29th of March activities. Your flight and the flight to Brisbane will depart from T3.

Comment

I'm looking forward to reading about the trip, as well as following the advance planning here.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                          I'm looking forward to reading about the trip, as well as following the advance planning here.
                          Why not join us my dearest lady!

I wonder whether MAN Flyer will pull his trick on me again like on A380 LHR-SIN.

Comment

Hi SQ LPP, I will be on the SIN-BNE flight so you can put me down for it. This will be my first inaugural flight with SQ, as I missed the A380 one by a week...

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

ps. I am surprised that the J is still relatively empty on this inaugural flight. I even thought that I must've selected the wrong date!

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                              Hi SQ LPP, I will be on the SIN-BNE flight so you can put me down for it. This will be my first inaugural flight with SQ, as I missed the A380 one by a week...

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

ps. I am surprised that the J is still relatively empty on this inaugural flight. I even thought that I must've selected the wrong date!
                              That's wonderful! Are you in C or Y? Do you have any seat assignment? Well, just to make it easier to take notice who and where to find him/her.
                              Hopefully you can join the meet prior to the flight as well.
                              Looking forward to meeting you!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                                That's wonderful! Are you in C or Y? Do you have any seat assignment? Well, just to make it easier to take notice who and where to find him/her.
                                Hopefully you can join the meet prior to the flight as well.
                                Looking forward to meeting you!
                                I am in C, seat 11F at the moment. I am flying back on SQ236 but a few days later in Y.
                                Last edited by andySYD; 2 January 2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X