• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    CLASSIC!
    It is highly contagious!
    Originally posted by Paint Horse View Post
    Not to highjack the thread, but what happened to Mr. nickbot? Does anyone know? Did I miss something?
    He had a severe relapse of his own nickbotitis incurabilis!

Comment

• The Orval beer experience!

Alright now is time to get serious, Belgian style!

Let first start by introducing the all important glass! You cannot, I repeat, CANNOT have an Orval beer in the wrong glass!
      So get it right. On the left is the very traditional glass with the golden rim and on the right is the alternate glass with green lettering and no rim highlight. You can see the Orval name and the logo with the miraculous fish and the ring on the other side.

One thing you have to know about pouring beer is that you should ALWAYS wet the glass before you pour the beer! I think it covers some of the asperities thus avoiding excessive bubbling and foaming. Every bar in Belgium will do that. In fact they should always have a sink just for that purpose with a spray upward. They push the class on a ring and the spray wets it. In any way you do it, make sure it is wet.

Then you can start pouring. But do not forget to tilt the glass at the beginning.

Once it fills up, you can straighten up the glass

And you end up with a wonderful result!

Comment

• I had mentioned that Orval bubbles like Champagne! So here is the proof with the small bubbles showing, though they are not as visible as in the full size picture. I have to admit that this bottle had not rested long enough so that the yeast that settles at the bottom got mixed with the liquid, thus adding haze to the beer.

Comment

• Almost every Belgian beer have their own glass and I have been told I must drink that certain beer with that certain glass.... Duval, which I heard has the highest alcohol content have their glass.... then there is this beer that is served with a mini bulb, can't remember,,.... have to look through my photobank to see if I had taken a picture of that....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Almost every Belgian beer have their own glass and I have been told I must drink that certain beer with that certain glass.... Duval, which I heard has the highest alcohol content have their glass.... then there is this beer that is served with a mini bulb, can't remember,,.... have to look through my photobank to see if I had taken a picture of that....
            I think you meant you meant Duvel. It is hardly the highest alcohol content
            It's only 8.5%. The monks in Rochefort make a 10 with 11.3% alcohol.

The mini bulb one must me the Kwak. Am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
              I think you meant you meant Duvel. It is hardly the highest alcohol content
              It's only 8.5%. The monks in Rochefort make a 10 with 11.3% alcohol.

The mini bulb one must me the Kwak. Am I right?
              Yes... Kwak is the one....
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Now, calling MAN Flyer to inform us of which drink size is right!

Next: "Atoms in the sky!"

Comment

• Hmm someone likes it big!
                  I don't think I can drink beer anymore after looking that huge glass you have.

Comment

• Wow! Took me a long time!

Alright, I think it's been long enough! Time to finish this TR
                    As promised here are the Atoms in the Sky!®

First a loner

Then a group picture! Smile!

Another family picture.

More to come!
                    Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 3 August 2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• It's about time...
                      Can't wait for more updates!

Comment

• * Claps and cheers excitedly *

Great to see this thread continue... looks like I'd better get back to finishing mine, too!

Comment

• New month = TR completion season?

Hope you're inspired to give us a little bit more of a teaser at least?

Comment

• Checking back after 6 months....
                            And this TR still not finished yet???
                            Wow!!!

Comment

• Yes, come on DFP

[Hides behind the SQTalk curtains!]

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                                Yes, come on DFP

[Hides behind the SQTalk curtains!]
                                I am waiting for you to set the good example!

Comment

Working...
                                X