Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having "Layers Cake" of SQ's Spacebed and GA's A332 J with a Cherry of SQT BBQ party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then for lounges at T2 D section.

I count there's about 4 (or 5) lounges at the D section.

Batavia Lounge....

"Starbucks Coffee"... (it can be counted as a lounge for ANZ card holders... )

Pura Indah Lounge...

Premier Lounge

And the famous Esplanade Lounge....

Comment

Question: Why the GA's FAs on the SUB-CGK sector are still no donning the new uniform?

Comment

Having access for all but 2 of the lounges (Pura Indah and GA lounges) put me in dilemma.

Which lounge I must visited first?
        How long for me to stay in each lounge?
        What should I take at each lounge?

Stay tune for the answers....

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
          Question: Why the GA's FAs on the SUB-CGK sector are still no donning the new uniform?
          Not only SUB-CGK sector, but all sectors also not having the new uniform.
          The FAs on SUB-CGK, SYD-CGK and CGK-SUB all told me the same answer, it will gradually re-launched on October.
          Indeed it was introduced first at the inaugural flight CGK-DXB-AMS last Jun, but the real implementation will be on October.
          That's what they said to me....

Comment

First stop, Emerald Sky Lounge.

Judging from the location of the lounge, which is facing the tarmac, this lounge got my first vote.

The lounge it self is on medium size, quite packed when I entered there.

Food choices quite decent, with some hot meals. Choices of non-alcoholic drink also quite decent.

Seat arrangement quite narrow, but acceptable.

Here some pictures of the lounge...

The entrance...

Buffet area....

Sitting area...

My "snacks": some kind of "Nasi Uduk"...

But..... where's the tarmac's view???
            Judging from the location of the lounge, there should a tarmac's view from the lounge....

Comment

Where's the tarmac's view....???

You can find the tarmac's view from the..... TOILET...

Nice view from the toilet...

Stayed just about 10-15 minutes in the lounge. Not much to do in this "mediocore" lounge...

Found these "ladies" near the exit door when I left the lounge...

Comment

Second Stop: HSBC Lounge.

Next on my list was HSBC Lounge...

HSBC operated this lounge to cater their Premier and Platinum card holders.
                And they also had a lot of agents there to offer their financial product to the potential customers.

The lounge it self kinda small, but quite nice. Divided in two sections. One with some tarmac's view, the other don't have any view at all.

Hot food choices quite nice, better than Emerald Sky Lounge.
                Similar non-alcoholic drinks choices.
                Similar sitting arrangement.

The entrance...

Buffet area...

Sitting area....

My "snacks" at that lounge: some kind of "Pasta with Onion" and some kind of "fried Dim Sum"....

Stayed there just about 10 minutes.
                Just enough time to shoots some pictures around, and took a bite of nibble
                Nothing to do inside this lounge also....

Comment

Third Stop: Starbucks "Lounge"...

After the HSBC lounge, I skipped all other lounges at E section. Being on the other side of tarmac side, all of them were not appealing. No need to waste my time to enter there. Just shot them from outside was enough for me...

Then I went to the D section. Where SQ flight will depart. SQ had unofficial dedicated gate at D-1, just a short stroll from their lounge.

On the way there, I skipped another lounge. The Batavia Lounge. Its location was really not appealing at all.

Then the Starbucks Coffee came into my sight.

With the courtesy from ANZ, I could get myself a complimentary one drink and one food from them.
                  Their sitting area also offered a very nice view of the tarmac.

I ordered for Green Tea Frapucino and a Tiramisu.
                  Accompany with a great view of aircraft movement at the tarmac, it was a very soothing moment for me....

The entrance of the "Lounge"....

My "snacks": Green Tea Frapucino and Tiramisu....

Sitting area.....

Views from my seat....

JT uses this Queen of Sky for JED route. I heard she was ex the defunct Oasis Hong Kong, which was got her from SQ. And JT has 2 samples of this beauty.
                  Last edited by Dent@SUB; 25 August 2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Fourth Stop: Esplanade Lounge.

After having about 30 minutes soothing time at Starbucks, I continued my "hunt for lounges"...

I reached the end of D section, which hosted 3 nice lounges: Premier Lounge, Pura Indah Lounge and Esplanade Lounge.

Premier Lounge....

Pura Indah Lounge....

And the infamous Esplanade Lounge...

Got no access to Pura Indah Lounge, and have been to Premier Lounge before on my previous trip, I went straight to the Esplanade Lounge.

Esplanade Lounge is the dedicated and exclusive lounge for SQ's premium pax and PPS member.

This lounge is divided into 2 sections, 1st class section (1) (2) and business class section. Not much differences from both sections. J section even got bigger space than F section.
                    From the entrance, turn right for the 1st class section and turn left for the business class section.

This time I turned left...

The lounge it self quite nice.
                    Ample of space, airy feeling, decent food choices, decent alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks choices, got internet terminals and wifi.

The entrance....

The receptionist....

Foyer....

Comment

Sitting area...

Bar area...

Buffet area...

Internet stations...

Comment

View of gate D-1 from the lounge....

Having full with "snacks" from other lounge, I only had this sparkling water here.

Now times for "Toilet Inspection"...

They have a standard shower room here.

Then there was an announcement that there will be a 20 minutes delayed because of the late incoming aircraft from SIN.

Took a little more time to lounging at lounge, and then I saw the aircraft was coming.

Hmmm..... From the lounge, I saw the crews change for this flight.
                        I thought all SIN-CGK flight are turnaround flight, except for the late night and early morning departure.
                        But it was the 11.40 STD flight, the third flight of that day, with aircraft coming from SIN, not the overnight aircraft.... Hmmmm...
                        Then I remembered when the last time I took this flight, there was also a crews change for this particular flight.... hhmmmm....

After I saw the aircraft has came, I left the lounge....

Look what I saw on the way to the gate....

An aircraft models shop!!! Nice!!!

View of CGK at pier D....

Comment

The Flight: SQ957.

It was a full flight at all classes.
                          So the waiting room packed with SQ's passangers.

My ride to SIN, Madam 9V-SYH, from B773 clan....

Boarding was commencing in usual sequences.
                          Greeted by green kebaya girl at the door, I was showed the way to my seat at 11A

Here some shoots of Mdm 9V-SYH J cabin....

My 11A seat....

Seat's features...

Comment

We pushed back almost 30 minutes late.

This flight really chocking full at all classes.

An obligatory shoot: ala SQFGtm style shoot...

Never fond of the CGK-SIN vv menu card. It's literally only a piece of paper with SIN-CGK menu on one side and CGK-SIN menu on the other side.
                            It's looked cheap for a J class menu card (even F have an exact style of menu card)
                            It was SQ after all, with a high expectation on her.

Looked at the menu, and found a Nasi Lemak on it, as a fans of Nasi Lemak I automatically choose this menu...
                            And it turned out to be a good choice.
                            It was delicious , despite of the lack of presentation.
                            At least they could do something with the cucumber plastic container and "ikan Bilis" plastic bag. It was a bad presentation to give the food along with those plastic bags, it's looked cheap...
                            Once again, it was SQ after all, an airlines with her own class, with a high expectation on her.

A view from my window....

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 26 August 2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Now it was time for toilet inspection...

Arrived at SIN late than STA.
                              Waited my bags for about 10 minutes, and went to the transportation desk to arrange the complimentary shuttle to Grand Mercure Roxy.
                              It was another 45 minute for the next scheduled shuttle.
                              So I took the taxi.
                              I was already late for the "meeting" with Kyo+, must hurry or he would chop me into pieces...

End of chapter 2.... stay tuned for the "Inaugural SQT BBQ party"....

Comment

Haha, you are forgiven

Good job polishing the nasi lemak up! *Approval, approval...*

Comment

Working...
                                X