Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having "Layers Cake" of SQ's Spacebed and GA's A332 J with a Cherry of SQT BBQ party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having "Layers Cake" of SQ's Spacebed and GA's A332 J with a Cherry of SQT BBQ party

Prologue....

Couldn't do the LD#6 previously, I arranged my schedule to match the proposed date for the LD#7 (then known as SQT BBQ party #1... )
    I must matched this date, because I was among the people who suggested the date, or Kyo+ would kill me...

So I arranged my trip with these flights:

SUB-CGK with GA305 on Y on B738NG
    CGK-SIN with SQ957 on J on B773
    SIN-SYD with SQ219 on J on B772ER
    SYD-CGK with GA713 on J on A332
    CGK-SUB with GA324 on Y on B738

Disclaimer:
    Apologize for the low speed and narrow band of internet connection users, because there will be tons of pictures on this TR.
    Apologize for the fasting people and for everyone that can't access his/her lunch/dinner when read this TR, because there will be tons of food pictures.
    Last edited by Dent@SUB; 25 August 2010, 11:30 PM.

I am looking forward to the TR. I kinda chuckled when reading your disclaimer.

Comment

Chapter 1: SUB-CGK

Early rise needed for my 7am flight to CGK. I must left my house at least T-2 hours before STD.
      Having worked until quite late the night before and did some packing after that, practically that was not much time to sleep before this wake up time. Just about 3 hours.

Leaving my house around 5am, I arrive at Juanda International Airport (SUB) around 5.45am.
      It was the first day of the long weekend for Independence Day holiday.
      At that time, Juanda Airport has already packed, overly crowded, especially the domestic one.
      Luckily Garuda used International terminal to check in all their pax. And there were less crowded, much much less crowded than the domestic terminal.
      Checked in and the dedicated counter for Co-brand platinum member was a breeze.
      After paid the airport tax at the check in agent for IDR30.000, soon I was heading to the lounge upstairs.

The Lounge

I went to the dedicated GA lounge, which the last time I was there it still being renovated. Now it's already fully functional.
      Unfortunately, it follows the step of GA's CGK lounge: strictly just for GA's J pax.

The lounge from outside... (note for many of red and white ornaments, our Indonesian flag's color. It's just few days before our Independence Day's celebration on 17th August)

So I was politely being directed to the lounge next door, called "Blue Sky" lounge.

Some pictures of the lounge....

The entrance:

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 3 September 2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Inside the lounge....

The lounge itself quite decent.
        Ample of space with decent varieties of hot foods and snacks, and decent selections of non-alcoholic drinks.

The buffet area...

Sitting area...

SQFG must be happy with this particular section of the lounge...

Views from the lounge...

My "snacks", chicken porridge and "soto ayam"....

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 3 September 2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

It was almost time for boarding.
          So I left the lounge, went to the gate.
          It just a short walk to the dedicated GA's gate in SUB.

Some shoots of SUB domestic terminal and GA's gate....

In SUB, every waiting room holds 2 gates. Garuda have gate 7 and 8 as their dedicated gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
            SQFG must be happy with this particular section of the lounge...
            Bisa Merokok di sini - means this lounge gets my

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Bisa Merokok di sini - means this lounge gets my
              Now we're talking....

Comment

The Flight, GA305

Boarding was pretty much on time (as usual for early morning flights).
                This time we had B738NG for our ride to CGK.

FA's greeted us at the door and checked for our BP.
                There's also another FA at the border of J and Y section. She greeted us and offered us for some newspapers.
                Another nice touch from GA domestic.

Some shoots from my 5A seat.

Some obligatory ala SQFGtm shoots....

Turned left...

Turned right...

Juanda's apron from my window...

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 24 August 2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

The AVOD IFE.....
                  GA is using touch screen function on the IFE monitor which are pretty handy. No need hand-held controller which can be bothering when it's put on the armrest.
                  The seat indeed have some kind of IFE controller, but a very simple one. Not consume too much space like a hand held one. Nice design...

The arm rest IFE "controller"...

GA also provides head set for this short hop to CGK...

And all the AVOD IFE was fully functional....

Welcome display...

Safety video...

Comment

Other IFE features...

Air Map....

The AVOD features...

Comment

For this 1 hour (more and less) hop, GA provides Y pax a snack box, consisted of a bun, Kit Kat and some nata de coco & palm fruit in heavy syrup.
                      There's also some round of drinks from the cart.

Now time for toilet visit....

It was clean, nice and smell good. Just like toilet on the new aircraft should be...

View of the Y cabin....

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 21 September 2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

View from my window...

It was time to land now....
                        The plane touched the runway down smoothly, soft landing. Kuddos for pilot...

Welcome to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK).
                        It used to be called Cengkareng (it's its unofficial name until now (I think...)).
                        That's what the CGK airport code came from... (if I'm not mistaken)

GA has a dedicated terminal here at T2 F. Whole T2 F is just for GA domestic flights. With GA international flight depart from T2 E, and other International flights depart from T2 D.

With this monopoly of T2 F, GA has special facility for it's premium pax:
                        ala concierge baggage handling for J pax...

Other pax, including top tier Garuda FFP, use the carousels....

I just waited for not more than 5 minutes to get my bags. With the priority tags they put on the bags, they came out among the first batch of luggage.

It was a nice flight with GA for this route.

Next: CGK's lounges hopping....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                          Welcome to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK).
                          It used to be called Cengkareng (it's its unofficial name until now (I think...)).
                          That's what the CGK airport code came from... (if I'm not mistaken)

I think airport codes that don't necessarily correspond with city names are so cool. Also, airport and airline codes that have alphabets in them that aren't in their full names are also cool.

"So yeah, I'm going from ICN-YYZ on OZ"

Seoul? Toronto? Asiana? - You'd never know this if you weren't a travel nut

Comment

Chapter 2: CGK-SIN

After got my bags, I went upstairs to the SQ's check in counter at T2 D.
                            SQ's check in counters located and the far end of T2 D, on the opposite way of T2 F where GA domestic flight docked.
                            So it quite a distance to reach there....

Some view of T2 D-E check in area...

Huge crowd on SV check in counters....

CX's one...

And at last.... the SQ's one, at the far end....

There was a random luggage check for SQ pax....
                            Last time when I flew F with SQ, they checked my bags. But now, they've just waved me to go directly to the check in counter.
                            I have did the online check in for both sector, SIN and SYD a day before.
                            And because I asked the check in agent to tag my bags just to SIN, she off loaded me from SYD flight, but keep my preference seat for me.

Immigration was a pain. Long queue at all counters. May be because that was the first day of the long Independence Day holiday and also a lot of "Umroh" pilgrims to Jeddah on JT, SV and GA which depart on the near time schedules.

Some views after the immigration...

To pier D...

To pier E...

Comment

Lounges Hopping....

There's a lot of lounges at CGK, paid or dedicated airlines one.

I began with lounges at T2 E section.

I count there's about 5 (or 6?) lounges at E sector alone.

Emerald Sky Lounge...

Citibank lounge (part of Emerald Sky Lounge)....

Mutiara Lounge...

JW Sky Lounge...

HSBC Lounge...

And the famous "New" Garuda Indonesia Executive Lounge...

Comment

Working...
                              X