No announcement yet.

SIN-MXP-BCN by 77W and a revieW of W Barcelona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, 9V-SIA! Great food pics! Lovely scenes! Can't wait for May. Due to much persuasion from the Spanish Tourism office, the plan has grown from just BCN and MAD to quite a tour!

Comment

• Originally posted by eriond View Post
      I'm guessing that the flight that you missed was SQ67 cos you mentioned that the a/c was heading "home" rather than "to MXP". So for a PPS travelling in F, they would have rerouted you via LHR/FRA or placed on you SQ377 the next morning?

Either way, I'm sure you now know the Miro Lounge really well.
      Actually I had to do an open jaw SIN-BCN/LHR-SIN last July

I've never missed a flight in my life because I always check in at least 2 hours before

The one time I nearly missed a flight, SQ319 from LHR, was when I went 3 hours before departure to claim VAT back and checked in 30 minutes before departure.

This was my ride to LHR, 60 minutes after I sent my son home on SQ377

BCN is a great airport for photographers

So this is how the Canadians I sat next to at Cal Pep come to BCN!

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Thanks, 9V-SIA! Great food pics! Lovely scenes! Can't wait for May.
      Thanks!

Due to much persuasion from the Spanish Tourism office, the plan has grown from just BCN and MAD to quite a tour!
      It's called mission creep. We doing BCN and MAD. Trying to fit in Seville & Granada
      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 April 2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• BCN-LHR

My own departure from BCN...

... heading in the opposite direction to my son. Can you see W in the background?

I was unwilling fly J in Europe for what amounts to the same seat with more legroom and the middle seat blocked.

It was a lunch time flight but I couldn't find the menu.

No wonder... Lunch was a chocolate bar and a beverage service. SQ bean counters have a lot to learn

While there is no IFE on BA's A319, I was fortunate enough to sit next to 2 guys who worked for a motor racing team.

Their colleague stood on the aisle for almost the entire flight discussing their next race.

I thought they were McLaren mechanics at first as they wore McLaren jackets.

They discussed how to set up their 3 cars for Spa Francorchamps so I guess... ETC championship?

I know how to set up my BMW now

I always sit on the right approaching LHR to get these views..

Tower Of London

Houses Of Parliament and London Eye

Buckingham Palace

Hyde Park and Regents Park ( at 2 o'clock )

No aerobridge when we landed. I felt like I was treated like baggage on BA.

No wait.... the bags got off the plane before me. That's my bag he's holding!

Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 April 2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• LHR-SIN

I left London the next evening after a full days work.

Walking to the gate, I had the opportunity to study the VS A343 vs A346

A343

A346: bigger engines, longer and centre undercarriage has 4 wheels ( vs 2 wheels on A343 )

Imagine my surprise when who showed up to fly me home? 9V-SWE!!

After flying my son home the day before from BCN, she turned around at Changi to come get me!

I've watched with some interest T2 coming up

SQ318 arriving early

On my way home..

Dinner: BTC Duck Rice ( amongst other things ).

After the dinner service, we're over Eastern Europe already

BBB. Breakfast over Bay of Bengal

Porridge

Landing on 20R

Hope you enjoyed BCN: Director's Cut

THE END.
          Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 April 2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

It's called mission creep. We doing BCN and MAD. Trying to fit in Seville & Granada
            Hmmm I wish it was a mission creep, it's now looking like a cross between Mission Impossible and a Bridge Too Far.

Comment

Working...
            X